Ferret in the night

Woken up at midnight to a crashing and banging in my bathroom and discovered a ferret. Myself and my son were both petrified (I know nothing about ferrets). Tried to ring RSPCA but was no use. Herded it outside but now worried if it's a lost pet? Or are they wild too? Anyway hope you've not lost a ferret, it's stank my house out anyway

Woken up at midnight to a crashing and banging in my bathroom and discovered a ferret. Myself and my son were both petrified (I know nothing about ferrets). Tried to ring RSPCA but was no use. Herded it outside but now worried if it's a lost pet? Or are they wild too? Anyway hope you've not lost a ferret, it's stank my house out anyway

It will be a lost pet not wild, there are very few wild ones, if you see it again please contain it and either call RSPCA or contact me, they can't look after themselves well at all :(

The owner is looking for it. They're aware that it's been in Jennie's house and chased back out. They said it's very friendly so please grab him and keep hold if you see him.

I'm in S6 and have 3 of my own. If found please call me on 07961008804 and I'll come pick it up and look after it until we can get in touch with the owner.

The ferret is missing from Cromwell Street, Walkley.

Any news on this?

Just having ferrets of my own makes me worry about others. Poor thing in this weather as well, hope this has a happy ending.

Has this lil' fella been found yet do you know?

Not as far as I'm aware.

---------- Post added 22-10-2014 at 15:04 ----------

Just seen an update on Facebook, he's still missing I'm afraid.

Hi All - I'm the owner - thanks for spreading the word. No sign of him yet, I've put up posters, posted on the RSPCA and fb.

Came home from a weekend away to find the lid of the run flipped across the garden, I guess by the high winds. One ferret had slept through, but the other was gone :(

My number is 07788420326. He's got polecat markings (brown and black) and is v. friendly so can be picked up. Please cross your fingers!

Thanks for posting Jennie!

So sorry I couldn't contain him, I put some cat food out last night hoping he'd come but think the local moggies just had it. I'll continue to keep a look out and I've got a box ready for him now!