Unofficial Sheffield Forum/Showroom Movie Group - thread 2

The next meeting of the unofficial Forum/Showroom movie group will be tomorrow, Monday 16th June: we are going to the 6.30pm showing of In Search Of A Midnight Kiss at the Showroom cinema on Paternoster Row.

I will be in the box office area at 6.20pm, holding a yellow a4 sign to help newcomers identify us.

The way it works is that we go to see a film together (at the Showroom: http://www.showroom.org.uk so often the films are a bit 'alternative'), and then we adjourn to the bar or pub to discuss the film.

New 'members' are always welcome (there is no 'membership', you just come along if you like the sound of the film we're going to see.

We arrive gradually depending on what times we finish work, so there are likely to be a few of us in the bar earlier; otherwise we meet by the box-office tills 10 minutes before the film starts.

(This is a new thread because the old thread (here) was getting a bit untidy.)

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry. I'm not going to be able to join you tonight in the end. I hope you enjoy the film. Please keep me posted for our next session.

Take care,

Pierre. :)

oh blimming heck, ive just seen this but im still at work and theres no way id get there on time. :(

will keep my eyes peeled for the next meet though.

x

I just wanted to say it was nice meeting you all tonight (the sign worked perfectly) - I have a feeling this group will get bigger and even better... looking forward to the next meet in July.

... looking forward to the next meet in July.

when is the july meet so i can plan ahead?

x

Thanks, all, for a good evening yesterday.

We agreed last night that the next meeting will be on Thursday 3rd July - and that we will decide what to see when the July listings are released!

The date may be changed if there's nothing we want to see on that date.

cool, ive pencilled the third in my diary for the mo.

ill keep my eyes peeled for the programme too, we normally get some dropped off at work.

x

I might come too, depending on what you see.

I never even saw this thread, can I come to the next one? not been to cinema for ages!

Taaa

:D

I never even saw this thread, can I come to the next one? not been to cinema for ages!

Taaa

:D

Of course you can.

It's probably time for people to look at the Showroom website to choose what to see next week.

I want to see 'A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures', but it's on quite late and is followed by a Q&A, which would mean we had no discussion time at all.

Realistic options, time-wise, seem to be 'The Edge Of Love', about Dylan Thomas, or 'Let's Get Lost', about Chet Baker. Or changing the date of the meet. Or something I haven't thought of.

Preferences, anyone?

I want to see 'A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures', but it's on quite late and is followed by a Q&A, which would mean we had no discussion time at all.

id like to see that too- although maybe we could skip the Q&A and just go and have our own discussion?

i would also like to see female agents- im a sucker for subtitles!

x

They're both on a bit later than our usual: 'A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures' would finish at about 9.50pm (but I do really want to see it!); 'Female Agents' would finish at 10.30pm. What does everyone else think?