It's about time drivers took responsibility for their own actions.

More ignorance. It is cheaper to have a good efficient public transport system that everyone contributes to and benefits from, than a city that is now suffering from poor air quality, gridlock if someone sneezes in city and the expense of using private bus companies who provide an inferior service. The only people who benefit are the owners of said bus companies. Who do not even live in Sheffield.

The people who don't/can't use public transport didn't want to pay more taxes. Most of the gridlock is caused by bad planning and buses churn out more pollution than cars. But you are so biased and blinkered you can't or won't see any other point of view.

You are so narrow minded you can't hold a discussion without resorting to personal insults so I'm out of this topic. Goodnight.

---------- Post added 11-02-2016 at 00:06 ----------

Ok you two, I'll hold your handbags.

Thanks Mickey but unfortuneatly you can't have serious discussion with people like that.

When I pass a motorist who has done something wrong I issue them with a red card.

I issued one this morning to the woman at the traffic lights who deliberately stopped at the traffic lights very close to the kerb meaning I couldn't get past.

I shouted "YOU" and pointed a red card at her.

What was her response? Did she say sorry? Did she feel remorseful?

I'll let you guess, it was a typical response from an ill educated, foul mouthed lout

When I pass a motorist who has done something wrong I issue them with a red card.

I issued one this morning to the woman at the traffic lights who deliberately stopped at the traffic lights very close to the kerb meaning I couldn't get past.

Why is stopping close to the kerb wrong?

I have to agree with the OP. I drove only for a short journey a couple of weeks ago and within the space of about 15 minutes had four near misses with absolute idiots, pulling out from side roads, reversing out on to main road without looking, and 'going for it' when there was a clear obstruction on their side when they should have allowed me to continue, instead of being forced to stop for them. There are some totally idiotic drivers on the road that simply should not be allowed a license.

Thankfully, these fools are still in a minority, but they are ever-increasing in number and I fear it won't be long before insurers force all drivers to have cameras, and only then eventually will the standard of driving begin to rise again, as I can't see the police doing a lot really, they seem unable to cope as it is.

As a pedestrian I see numerous motorists pass through red lights on red. Not just in Sheffield obviously but it really does seem to be a case of "Red means two more cars can go through" these days.

Particular blackspots seem to be Derek Dooley Way inbound at The Wicker, and the Shalesmoor/Corporation Street junctions.

Cyclists should have training & tests before they are allowed on the road as well !

The training and test doesn't seem to have improved the standards of driving for car drivers, what do you expect it do for cyclists? Also riding a bike is really easy, a 5 year old can do it. So why should you test a 25 year old?

---------- Post added 11-02-2016 at 08:52 ----------

As a pedestrian I see numerous motorists pass through red lights on red. Not just in Sheffield obviously but it really does seem to be a case of "Red means two more cars can go through" these days.

Particular blackspots seem to be Derek Dooley Way inbound at The Wicker, and the Shalesmoor/Corporation Street junctions.

It seems that many believe that if the car in front goes through the traffic lights, then so can you irrespective of what colour it is.

Fares were 10p and were heavily subsidised by Sheffield tax/ratepayers, who weren't very happy about it.

Do you know how much the average rates fell when the buses were deregulated and the fares went up?

Fares were 10p and were heavily subsidised by Sheffield tax/ratepayers, who weren't very happy about it.

As a long time tax/ratepayer I could never get the car drivers to understand it was for their benefit as well ( far fewer cars on the road made it easier, safer and faster for everyone). I became a driver in the 80's and now hate having to drive in Sheffield.

Why is stopping close to the kerb wrong?

Because cyclists can't get past that's why :rant::rant::rant:

No courtesy or manners from car drivers.

You sir are a prime example.

Red card for you

No!

I'll blame myself if it was my own silly fault.

Lots of car drivers are irresponsible and selfish. They use mobile phones whilst speeding and put the safety of others at risk.

I hope the Government keeps increasing taxes to deter the idiots that shouldn't be driving from driving.

I followed a scooter complete with 'L' plates traveling in the outside lane down Ecclesall Road South yesterday morning round about 6.30am. Travelling around 25mph and wobbling all over the road. I resisted the urge to undertake him on the inside line for fear of him straying into my lane - not to mention it being illegal ! Eventually I passed him to be shocked to see him texting on his mobile !

There are as many idiots on 2 wheels out there as those on 4.

Cyclists should have training & tests before they are allowed on the road as well !

This is something i agree with. At the very least it will help keep them safer.

This is something i agree with. At the very least it will help keep them safer.

A modicum of road sense and awareness would be a bonus.

Anything to keep them safe............please.

Edited by Daven