Android to apple.

Having used android on my phone and tablet for years l was thinking of giving the iPad a go for my tablet needs. Being just an average Joe when it comes to anything techy would l be able to pick up the Apple operating system pretty quickly? Also is there any problem moving my gmail accounts over etc. So long as l can browse,fb and YouTube I'm happy.Also which model represents best value at the moment. Thanks.

Having used android on my phone and tablet for years l was thinking of giving the iPad a go for my tablet needs. Being just an average Joe when it comes to anything techy would l be able to pick up the Apple operating system pretty quickly? Also is there any problem moving my gmail accounts over etc. So long as l can browse,fb and YouTube I'm happy.Also which model represents best value at the moment. Thanks.

I have several iOS and Android decices. No problem web browsing or accessing Gmail on either; there is a dedicated Gmail app for iOS...

iPads come in 2 sizes, 7 inch or 10 inch screens.

I have a Samsung s4 phone and a iPad which have no difficult using BUT my wife has an iphone which I find infuriating.

I wouldn't accept one if offered.

Hello capstan,

I used Android phone and tablets and I'm not very good with techy stuff either but decided to buy a Ipad air2. I can't seem to get the hang of it and now wished I hadn't bothered.I find that the Android is much easier to use.:( Alan.

Just to contrast what the other 2 members said, I find iOS very user friendly and easy to use.

Thanks for advice. My main reason for giving the iPad a go is the lack of a decent android competitor or at least one l can see.Quite fancied the air1 as some good deals if you hunt round.

I would always go for an Android device as I cant see much difference in the way they operate or what you use them for, and also from the price point of view as Android is much cheaper.

Apple refurbished shop is useful - the products come sealed and packed, indistinguishable from new. It's an individual preference but my choice is the iPad. We have an old iPad 2 and it is still going strong - never let us down. The iPad Air 2 is used every day and for many hours. That too has never missed a beat. Strangely, I don't care for Mac computers, preferring Windows but the iPad is great - easy to use, fast and beautifully clear.

an ipad or iphone is already a minority device

Of the 432 million smartphones sold in the last quarter, 352 million ran Android (81.7 percent) and 77 million ran iOS (17.9 percent)

Android is by far the market leader and its only a matter of time before it disapears completely

You are comparing an OS that runs on a couple of models of phones to one that runs on thousands of models. Comparing phone models tells a whole different story.

The iPhone 7 is the best selling phone in the UK currently and the iPhone 6 is the best selling smart phone ever.

http://www.mobilephones.com/most-popular-phones/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_mobile_phones

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/10-best-tablet-pcs-in-the-world-today-1079603

Edited by steroc

an ipad or iphone is already a minority device

Of the 432 million smartphones sold in the last quarter, 352 million ran Android (81.7 percent) and 77 million ran iOS (17.9 percent)

Android is by far the market leader and its only a matter of time before it disapears completely

You mean like Windows and Mac?

Yep MAC died somewhere in the 90s when Microsoft had a huge market share...

Oh, hang on, no it didn't it went on to form he basis if one of the most successful companies of all time...

Laughable. There is clearly room for more than one mobile OS to exist.

i was not talking about hardware, but OS

i know if i was writing an app i would write it for the largest market

I do, and in my experience, iOS is a far juicier market. Generally, Android users are more reticent to pay for apps than iOS users are.

Been looking at some used iPad airs,l would prefer one with 4g. Is there any problems if they have been opened to any network? Cheers