Puzzling over estate agents contract

A few weeks ago we put our house on the market. For a few reasons, we're not entirely happy with the estate agent and are contemplating pulling out and going with another. However, the piece of paper we have (which I signed) is just an 'Agreement of agency terms & estimate of charges', meaning it shows only the selling fee and the expenses payable upon instruction. The agency cancellation box - which contains marketing costs - has been crossed through. So what we have doesn't appear to be a 'contract' as there is no detail about a cooling off period or tie-in period and terms of withdrawal/terminating the 'contract', no detail about types of agreement (such as sole agency) and we haven't got a copy of the EPC - the cost of which is included in the agent's payable expenses.

Please can someone shed some light on this?

If you send me a scanned copy of it I'll happily get someone to look at it and advise. It's the small print you need to be wary of

ask for list of work has been done and invoices .

Thanks for the link, mafya, didn't know about that.

A few weeks ago we put our house on the market. For a few reasons, we're not entirely happy with the estate agent and are contemplating pulling out and going with another. However, the piece of paper we have (which I signed) is just an 'Agreement of agency terms & estimate of charges', meaning it shows only the selling fee and the expenses payable upon instruction. The agency cancellation box - which contains marketing costs - has been crossed through. So what we have doesn't appear to be a 'contract' as there is no detail about a cooling off period or tie-in period and terms of withdrawal/terminating the 'contract', no detail about types of agreement (such as sole agency) and we haven't got a copy of the EPC - the cost of which is included in the agent's payable expenses.

Please can someone shed some light on this?

By whom was the text deleted, and is the deletion initialled (in the margin)?