What's the top 3 areas to live in sheffield?

In your opinion and why. (Your opinion means where would you live)

Say a friend was thinking of moving in to Sheffield and you were advising them (again your opinion, on where you think is nice) :huh:

copy and paste:

:)

Edited by Tomjames

I guess it depends on what you consider when choosing an area, if you're looking for an upper class area, lot's of greenery and a somewhat peaceful area then obviously you'd choose places like Dore, Totley, Loxley, but then some people prefer to be closer to the City Center, me personally I grew up in Hackenthorpe and personally loved the area, it was it's own village decades ago but obviously, as is the case with most places on the outskirts of the city, it got consumed.

Dore

Totley

Between Dore and Totley

In your opinion and why. Say a friend was thinking of moving in to Sheffield and you were advising them.:huh:

copy and paste:

you pose a how long is a piece of string question

urban or city

price range

hobbies/interests

schools

where are they commuting to

etc, etc, you need to try a bit harder mate

Mosborough

Waterthorpe

Beighton

Those areas give me the heebie geebies, they make me shudder at the very thought. Just shows it's horses for courses.

In your opinion and why. Say a friend was thinking of moving in to Sheffield and you were advising them.:huh:

copy and paste:

It's massively subjective and depends on the circumstances of the person.

For example, some people are concerned with schools, others not, some have to go somewhere for work, others not (retired for example). Some might be keen on easy access to the city centre, others on easy access to the peak district.

Some might like city living, some suburbia and others a farm with no neighbours.

It's very very subjective . Some diss where I live but I'd not move out of the area as its straight out into the sticks , quiet and plenty of greenery . I've got family at dore and totley too but it doesn't bother me , got family on the manor too . It's all down to budget and what type of lifestyle they lead

Personally, Beighton for me would also be a big one, I traced my family back to the 1750s and from then on literally everyone was born and raised Beighton/Hackenthorpe. Mosborough always seemed like a nice place, same with Eckington... I guess I have a thing for the outer suburbs, Ridgeway village is nice too but I believe that's technically over the border in Derbyshire

I guess it depends on what you consider when choosing an area, if you're looking for an upper class area, lot's of greenery and a somewhat peaceful area then obviously you'd choose places like Dore, Totley, Loxley, but then some people prefer to be closer to the City Center, me personally I grew up in Hackenthorpe and personally loved the area, it was it's own village decades ago but obviously, as is the case with most places on the outskirts of the city, it got consumed.

Yes by Ben Gregg and his brother Billy Gregg. :hihi::hihi:

you pose a how long is a piece of string question

urban or city

price range

hobbies/interests

schools

where are they commuting to

etc, etc, you need to try a bit harder mate

I said your opinion & why. You don't know your own opinion?

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 09:14 ----------

It's massively subjective and depends on the circumstances of the person.

For example, some people are concerned with schools, others not, some have to go somewhere for work, others not (retired for example). Some might be keen on easy access to the city centre, others on easy access to the peak district.

Some might like city living, some suburbia and others a farm with no neighbours.

Where would you choose?

I said your opinion & why. You don't know your own opinion?

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 09:14 ----------

Where would you choose?

No you didn't Tomjames. You asked where would you advise your friend......To answer this you would need to know your friends requirements which will not necessarily be the same as his/her own.

I would suggest south east or north Sheffield due to access to rail travel (not Sheffield station), major roads and motorways and ease of travel into city centre by car. Of course this wouldn't matter if the friend never needed to travel anywhere.

Edited by Chez2