Steven Seagal - opinions?

I wasn't sure if I liked this guy, but having seen a documentary about him (Was one Louis Theroux?) he actually seems ok?

He really is a martial arts expert (was a stunt fighter for Sean Connery in the 80's) and quite spiritual.

In his films- which I hate admitting to like having lazily watched them when on- there often seems to be a good sense of humour written in at his own expense, for example, in one (I forget which) a bloke says to him;

"Take your sensitive little ponytail, and your little cissy beads, and get outta here!":hihi:

Bet that guy was through a window 5 seconds later...

Opinion as an actor, terrible. Anything else I don't have an opinion, the bad acting was enough.

Sure, acting is wooden, but as far as action films go he's a capable, or not, as Bruce Willis, Sly or Van Damme?

Sure, acting is wooden, but as far as action films go he's a capable, or not, as Bruce Willis, Sly or Van Damme?

Nothing memorable about Van Damme.

The other two are pretty crap actors but they have played alongside some memorable ones. At 11 Haley Joel Osment wiped the floor with Willis in sixth sense.

Being a wooden actor isn't necessarily a drawback, obviously. Presence is a prime factor in action movies. If the script is crap then even a good actor will struggle.

I always get the feeling the likes of Van Damme, Seagal, Lungren etc can't get into character, the feeling is almost like a portrayal of their own alter ego.

Not the best actor ever, but in his prime he had lightening quick hand speed.

Not the best actor ever, but in his prime he had lightening quick hand speed.

I'm betting he could still wipe the floor with us. I like him apart from his spiritual native American loving bumf. Can I just suggest you watch his tv show law man, it's a reality tv show where he is a deputy/sherif and drives round kicking scum ass.

I'm betting he could still wipe the floor with us. I like him apart from his spiritual native American loving bumf. Can I just suggest you watch his tv show law man, it's a reality tv show where he is a deputy/sherif and drives round kicking scum ass.

You can, I did and it's a load of crap like most of his films, sorry, all of his films including the one's he hasn't made yet. Perfect for J Kyle types though.

Yep, seen Lawman.

Good show, all older guys telling and showing how it is!

Has he still got a neck as wide as his head, and does he still have his band?

He's an incredibly vain pretentious stupid idiot, and an extremely poor actor.

He may be some sort of martial arts master, but he certainly doesn't look it, he has the grace of drunk elephant.

All of his films have stupid titles that can be preceded by 'Steven Seagal is...'

Having said all that, I think he's awesome and love his films!

Hate hate hate hate hate.

But not in the same way I hate Tom Cruise. ERRRRR. Tom Cruise's face makes me feel physically sick.