Paul McCartney- is he actually any good??

Is Paul McCartney (solo'ist) as good as his fame would suggest?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is Paul McCartney (solo'ist) as good as his fame would suggest?

• Yes he's great
    • No he's pretty poor
    • He's ok leave him alone he was a Beatle

Aside from his Beatles work has Paul McCartney ever done anything decent? I never fail to be astounded at how terrible his performances / songs are- it's almost embarrasing watching him. Does he just trade on his (long) past glory or do i just not appreciate good music?

He's past his sell by date...he was good but not now..it's time for him to stop...

Aside from his Beatles work has Paul McCartney ever done anything decent? I never fail to be astounded at how terrible his performances / songs are- it's almost embarrasing watching him. Does he just trade on his (long) past glory or do i just not appreciate good music?

He's been a bit hit and miss since the Beatles, but here's just a few examples of his good post-Beatles work:

Get On The Right Thing.

Your Way http://youtu.be/CRNE81ZcH6c

One Of These Days http://youtu.be/CRNE81ZcH6c

Let Me Roll It

Young Boy

Edited by Lounge Jay

john lennon was the best by far

Last good song he did was Xmas '84 though he needed help from some frogs.

Last good song he did was Xmas '84 though he needed help from some frogs.

Oh yea- bum, bum, bum waiiiya etc! :hihi:

This year, I've seen The Manfreds and Joe Brown Both shows excellent - will go again next year but I dont think PM could put on anything like as good a show. I'm pretty sure that if he were on stage for 2 hours, I'd find it boring.

Band On The Run was a brilliant LP and his first solo LP was very good too, although it may have come out when he was still in the Beatles. Ram is supposed to be good though I've never heard it. Otherwise he's been treading water for 40 years. But I find it hard to criticise him because of his Beatles work and because anyone who married Heather Mills deserves to be left alone.

TBH he's done some good things since the Beatles, some not so good, but he will always be lampooned. The success he had with the fab 4 is unrivaled & they are STILL one of the greatest bands ever.

Caught end of that 60 yrs of no1's on ITV other night, and Hey Jude is just magical & TIMELESS

A lot of the public get fed up with famous people; they expect them to be funny, or whatever they do for which they are famous, every minute of every day. Unfortunately famous people have bad days too and sometimes they don't want to go to work just like the rest of us. This tends to leave the public feeling a bit deflated when they find out that famous people are just like everyone else in private.

Yes. His work with The Wings was perfectly decent. If only John Lennon's solo work had been anywhere near as consistently good. But then of course he died young and under tragic circumstances. Which seems to give some people who have never written a good song in their life a licence to pick on McCartney instead.

Not too fussed about going to see Macca live these days myself, but that's no reflection on his outstanding back catalogue.

The unforgettable frog corus and mull of kintyre are good examples of a fantastic artist who should rest on his laurels.But still not bad for seventy.