How much should a manager need

Your saying a club that has spent money is in the same division as Burton, I'm saying Chelsea are in the same division as Watford.

If you consider finishing 4th and 6th getting "nowhere" after years of lower placed finishes where do you expect united to finish next season?

His biggest out lay has been on Jordan Rhodes (who has not cost a penny yet) he only joined at the end of January after not playing football for nearly a year.

The two league positions suggest the money has not been spent stupidly, if the team had finished 4th from bottom you could say it had.

Sheffield united spent £1.5m on John Brayford in a league where most TEAMS are probably not worth that so its all relative.

The difference here is that Wilder was successful while moving expensive signings out,Carlos has not been successful bringing them in.

The difference here is that Wilder was successful while moving expensive signings out,Carlos has not been successful bringing them in.

4th place in any league is reasonable success after 15yrs of dross, failing in a two legged "cup tie" does not make a whole season a failure.

What expensive signings did Wilder move out, I can't remember any and Brayford had gone before he took over?

You could also argue that when CC took over the Owls had about 8 players in contract and he’s built a team of challengers whereas Wilder took over challengers, got rid of the deadwood and got them over the line. Different scenarios.

Edited by top4718

4th place in any league is reasonable success after 15yrs of dross, failing in a two legged "cup tie" does not make a whole season a failure.

What expensive signings did Wilder move out, I can't remember any and Brayford had gone before he took over?

OK,let's go over again what we went over yesterday............what does Chansiri want?..............I would say promotion,so did he get it..............No.

It was in a penalty shoot out to get a game against Reading for the PL,it didn't happen,it's a failure to add to last seasons one............you spin it whichever way you like.Plus......The difference here is that Wilder was successful while moving expensive signings out,Carlos has not been successful bringing them in.

Edited by chalga

OK,let's go over again what we went over yesterday............what does Chansiri want?..............I would say promotion,so did he get it..............No.

It was in a penalty shoot out to get a game against Reading for the PL,it didn't happen,it's a failure to add to last seasons one............you spin it whichever way you like.

Lets go over it again - What does every team want at the start of a season?

Will Fulham also consider there season a failure, will Hudd or Reading if they don't go up. If united don't go straight to the PL is that a failure, when united had great cup runs under clough but didn't go up was that a failure - there were plenty hailing it at the time.

It was in a penalty shoot out to get a game against Reading for the PL,it didn't happen,it's a failure to add to last seasons one............you spin it whichever way you like.Plus......The difference here is that Wilder was successful while moving expensive signings out,Carlos has not been successful bringing them in.

So your lots expensive signings are failures,Chansris aim also was not to get relegated so is that successful,depend which way it's looked at.

Lets go over it again - What does every team want at the start of a season?

Will Fulham also consider there season a failure, will Hudd or Reading if they don't go up. If united don't go straight to the PL is that a failure, when united had great cup runs under clough but didn't go up was that a failure - there were plenty hailing it at the time.

If you blow 2 play offs in 2 seasons,they are failures.Blades target from L1 was always promotion,whenever they didn't get it,they failed,next season our target isn't promotion,for me,it's to stay in the Championship............4th bottom,if that was good enough for Wednesday when they went up,it's good enough for me.......Wilder may well think different though,we'll see what his aims for the new season are shortly I expect.

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 11:28 ----------

So your lots expensive signings are failures,Chansris aim also was not to get relegated so is that successful,depend which way it's looked at.

OK,so every season Wednesday don't get relegated is a success,looks like Carlos has a job for life,are you listening the 30%?:hihi:

If you blow 2 play offs in 2 seasons,they are failures.Blades target from L1 was always promotion,whenever they didn't get it,they failed,next season our target isn't promotion,for me,it's to stay in the Championship............4th bottom,if that was good enough for Wednesday when they went up,it's good enough for me.......Wilder may well think different though,we'll see what his aims for the new season are shortly I expect.

Never read anything so ridiculous, six teams compete for three promotion places, three go up the other three have had great seasons and very narrowly lost a play off (Fulham to a dubious penalty), you could say that any of the 19 teams who dont win the Premier League have also failed - totally flawed logic.

Never read anything so ridiculous, six teams compete for three promotion places, three go up the other three have had great seasons and very narrowly lost a play off (Fulham to a dubious penalty), you could say that any of the 19 teams who dont win the Premier League have also failed - totally flawed logic.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... maybe you should read some of your own posts then? :hihi:

Just saying... :roll:

Like I said,you spin it whichever way you want,if you are not bothered about promotion,it's a success,if you are,it's a failure.

The totally flawed logic is all yours ,especially about the PL,or are you going to say that Arsenal have had a successful season now?

Like I said,you spin it whichever way you want,if you are not bothered about promotion,it's a success,if you are,it's a failure.

The totally flawed logic is all yours ,especially about the PL,or are you going to say that Arsenal have had a successful season now?

They've finished in the Champions League spots in previous seasons so this would be seen as a diappointment and they haven't been great throughout the season.

Anyway totally pointless argument, I've enjoyed the last two seasons better than probably 15 of the previous 17 so both have been a success for me.

Edited by top4718

Not flawed,you're comparing Arsenal who have finished top 4 for20 years to qualify for Eorope then not qualifying,obviously a failure,whereas Owls have once again improved their league position and given the fans something to be excited all season again,not successful in promotion but not a failure of a season.

Not flawed,you're comparing Arsenal who have finished top 4 for20 years to qualify for Eorope then not qualifying,obviously a failure,whereas Owls have once again improved their league position and given the fans something to be excited all season again,not successful in promotion but not a failure of a season.

Nail on the head.