Manchester Arena explosion 22/05/2017

And on the top of it, the security minister said today that they're not taking actions against terrorist suspects because "the majority would come from the Muslim communities – that would turn communities against us and our police would not want that."...

Can you give us a link for that?

I've not heard what he said, but I'd assume that is what he meant. As in the famous: "you ain't no Muslim bruv."

P.S. A small note, and I'll assume it a typo, but we probably should take care to spell Muslim with a capital, especially in the same sentence as a Christian.

Not intended and probably autocorrect as I don't think I'd intentionally put any capitals, but shall correct now.

Thing is that a suspect is only a suspect. Police in USA pulls their guns as a standard procedure when they pull someone over who looks Hispanic or black even when they just want to have a chat with them.

Are we going to point our guns on everyone who looks Islamic who carries a shopping bag or backpack?

Well, arresting of suspects is still ongoing and even few of his family members are amongst them. That's why I said they were MAYBE supporting him. And now it is already confirmed that the preparation wasn't a one-man job so clearly he had some support.

And although he was reported by some members of the community (which I totally appreciate) five years ago, his behaviour was tolerated or overlooked for this five years - not only by some other people from his community, but also by police or secret services (or whoever was involved in that). This is the fact that is worrying me the most, that reasonable actions of conscious people in muslim community is ignored.

And on the top of it, the security minister said today that they're not taking actions against terrorist suspects because "the majority would come from the Muslim communities – that would turn communities against us and our police would not want that."...

That's a very strange thing to say by the security minister, and that makes me wonder if he's trying to rile people up even more against Muslims because now they can claim that nothing is being done because of political correctness gone mad and all that gibberish. It's a totally unhelpful statement no matter what it's purpose. Imagine how the Muslim community feel being told that somehow even though they report people for crimes and make a vocal stand against terrorism that it's their fault the police can't investigate because they'd get upset.

I'm really angry about this statement. The guy either a complete tool, trying to pass the buck for what is basically his departments **** up of letting someone on their list commit an atrocious attack, or he's actually trying to incite violence. I'm not sure which of 3 it is.

It is not my intention to derail this thread or act out of disrespect.

I happened to come across a TV channel called "R. Mornings ". I was absolutely

shocked by the content. The talking heads are spouting prayers for the victims of the Manchester bombing interspersed by threats of "principalities" taking over through the Labour Party and Corbyn . "Society is a liberal mess" and need of correction. Even went on to invoke the introduction of the act of Treason and the death penalty for acts of terrorism.

Where do these people come from and what do they hope to achieve? The programme comes across to me as sinister. A variety of Christian values interspersed with hate and extreme right wing politics. The presenters believe their programme is inspirational.And nationalism is a gift from God.

I'm absolutely shocked.

Edited by petemcewan

I happened to come across a TV Channel called "R. Mornings ". I was absolutely

shocked by the content. The talking heads are spouting prayers for the victims of the Manchester bombing interspersed by threats of "principalities" taking over through the Labour Party and Corbyn . "Society is a liberal mess" and need of correction. Even went on to invoke the introduction of the act of Treason and the death penalty for acts of terrorism.

Where do these people come from and what do they hope to achieve? The programme comes across as sinister. A variety of Christian values interspersed with hate and extreme right wing politics.

I'm absolutely shocked.

Shocked? Really? Do you not see the Westboro Baptist Church and their messages of hate? They are one of the most extreme but sadly Christians have as much claim to extremism as any other religion. Unfortunately religion gives people with serious anger issues a way to channel into something that legitimises them.

I think the way to find solutions to the current terrorism issues is to look at why so many religions across the world breed hate. It is not a problem unique to Islam in anyway shape or form. Buddhist monks are carrying out suicide campaign in Burma and Sri Lanka. Christian are murdering school kids in Scandinavia and the US, Muslims across the world, Hindus in India...the list goes on and on.

Edited by sgtkate

I happened to come across a TV channel called "R. Mornings ". I was absolutely

Where do these people come from and what do they hope to achieve? The programme comes across to me as sinister. A variety of Christian values interspersed with hate and extreme right wing politics. The presenters believe their programme is inspirational.And nationalism is a gift from God.

I'm absolutely shocked.

I very much think we need to respond to acts of desperate aggression, with understanding and compassion (and of course we also need to effectively defend ourselves); rather than more hate and more aggression.

You don't get less hate and division in the world, by hating those who hate.

SgtKate,

I take your point. Yes, I'm shocked. But when I stop being shocked by the likes of the "plausible " individuals on the likes of R. Mornings ,then I think I will have lost my humanity.

Dangerous stuff from "Luke 12, 51 " being offered up as wisdom.

Edited by petemcewan

I'm really not trying to point score here, but the muslim community reported him to police 5 years for concerns over his behaviour. Just to say that again:

His COMMUNITY reported him.

The exact thing the people full of blind hate have been saying doesn't happen. So now we've crossed another load of rubbish of the 'hate list'. That list is looking a bit short of reasons to target all muslims now isn't it?

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 08:51 ----------

Yet his own community reported him to the police 5 years ago over concerns about his behaviour. Struggling to see how that's supporting him? :loopy:

Also, this thing you are typing your drivel into, that's called the internet. It's amazing, it has nearly ANYTHING on it you want. I could right now go an learn how to make a bomb via videos with step by step instructions, I could go an watch videos telling me I should hate everyone who wears hot pants and that if kill them I'll get to go to heavens where there is cookie dough ice cream for every meal. You do understand that people who go around declaring their love of blowing others up will get themselves arrested pretty sharpish, therefore someone who is an extremist is hardly likely to go around telling many people.

This blaming needs to stop. His friends reported him to police as they were highly concerned by his behaviour 5 years and then stopped seeing him.

The internet has all the hatred you want if you are so inclined where you can rile yourself right up without a single other person knowing about it.

How can a community do more than they did? They reported him to the police, they stopped interacting with him, what else do you expect them to do?

Children have been killed, how about we all try to find solutions calmly that stop more being klilled? Both here and abroad. Blaming all muslims again and again in the face of so much evidence that muslims as a whole are doing plenty to try to stop it is clearly not a great solution.

I reported a drug dealer from the neighbouring town, the fact he's still dealing and ruining peoples lives hasn't stopped because of my report. The rest of the community are obviously supporting him.

It isn't as cut and dried as a community of either all good or all bad.

I reported a drug dealer from the neighbouring town, the fact he's still dealing and ruining peoples lives hasn't stopped because of my report. The rest of the community are obviously supporting him.

It isn't as cut and dried as a community of either all good or all bad.

No of course not, I wasn't implying that, however a lot of the 'close our borders, make Muslims wear tag' brigade use the argument that the Muslim community are supporting terrorists when this just isn't true.

Equally, I'm not sure how you get the fact that police haven't locked someone up for drug dealing means the community must support them? There is a distinct difference between supporting and having to deal with. How do you know that area hasn't reported the guy multiple times but that the police don't have any evidence to arrest/charge him?