Does anyone have a FreedomPop Sim Card? Any good?

Also...on a slightly tangential issue...Is it possible to get a sim and transfer the number from the contract sim over to it?....(It's always a real pain having to change numbers)

Yes, mostly.

Phone the provider of the number that you want to keep and ask them how.

It's usually straight forward and takes a day or so to sort out.

It's nothing to do with the handset and if it is unlocked.

So are there any sims that roll your credit over ?

Have a look at my post #5.

I applied months ago when they were doing the "free sim" offer, and loads of stuff - I didn't get any confirmation or acknowledgement past the activation email, lots of emails and chats to support with ZERO resolution other than "you can purchase one of these ones instead" type answers..

since, I removed myself from their website, but I still keep getting marketing emails - even after clicking the link at the bottom to remove myself from said marketing list...

FreedomPop is a VOIP based system, so if your phone doesn't have at least a decent 3G connection, you will be relying on your homes internet/WiFi connection, and they will in turn still be charging you per minute use...\

and as said above, as it's a VOIP system, it has no SMS support, so all your messaging will have to be done via 3rd Party app (Whatsapp or similar etc)

honestly a total waste of time, - I ended up on 3's 123 pay as you go, and can't say I have any complaints - I top up about £5 every 4 weeks at the moment...

Ah...So the FreedomPop thing is a waste of time and money, by the sounds of it...I'll strike that off my 'potentials' list...

(Don't say anything)...My OH struggles to send a text in the normal way...Never mind doing it though an app...

Pete, take a look on uSwitch..

Pete, take a look on uSwitch..

Paradoxically that's where I found the FreedomPop Sim...

But yes I'll have a bit more of a ferret round on there.

TBH I didn't realise there was a distinction between a cheap 'contract' sim and a true, pay as you go sim...So I'm getting a bit more clued up thanks to you guys on here...

We have Asda Mobile - one is £5 pm for 250 minutes plus texts (can't remember how many). No data because it's not a smartphone. The other is on PAYG and it's only used occasionally so has been very economical. Best of all, you can telephone and talk to a real person FOC and without waiting in huge queues. The staff are always lovely and friendly.

Have a look at my post #5.

Right thank you I totally misread that post.

Hi Pete,

I went for 3 pay as you go (As Ghozer said... 123)

Changed my number from GiffGaff. Just request your PAC code from your old provider and use within 30 days.

I average about £5 every 2 months now. Mainly text messages. Calls and data when I need to. I don't hold back on any usage, I just don't need or want what I was paying for in contracts or packages.

Greetings, been a while.Ref: sim card.

My lady has a 3G payg sim card, puts £10.00 on it once in a blue moon. She makes calls and texts when nessesary. Seems to last for months. Should fit the bill.

Have a look at Three (3) PAYG sims.

They cost £10, are loaded with 2gb data, calls cost .03p and texts .02p. I found it to be about the cheapest and its not a monthly deal where the free minutes expire and need to be topped up. Had mine for around 2 months, never used the data yet and still have over £8.50 left on it.

Edit:

Just seen that FreedomPop is also charged monthly.

---------- Post added 10-05-2017 at 16:00 ----------

See above..

3p 2p,unless you've got a super deal.