Tree Surgeon recommendations

I'm sure you know this and I take your point, however, anything written by messrs. Lev-Yadun and Aloni is hardly going to make anyone change their viewpoint in the world of furniture making ... books will not be re-written. :)

I'm sure you are right. ;)

What we have here is similar to the problem people from different parts of the UK and other parts of the world have when trying to communicate the identity of a plant: unless the scientific binomials are used, the plantsmen cannot be sure whether or not they are talking about the same plants. ;)

From a scientific standpoint, the furniture makers are using a colloquialism for a specific type of anatomical feature.

During the course of my work, I seem to learn some strange new term every time I bump in to a turner. :)

Edited by Native lad

Can anyone recommend a tree surgeon to cut down evergreen trees? Ive no idea what tree surgeons cost? Any ideas?

Hey,

I work for a Garden Maintenance company so don't really deal with trees but any work that people ask us to do we forward on to a tree surgeon called Geoff who runs a company called ACME Tree surgeons.

They are definitely reliable and know what they are doing so always a good starting point for a quote.

Anyway, hope you find the right guys.

Matt.

Hi, I'm looking for a tree surgeon to look at cutting down a 60ft Sycamore in my back garden.

We are based in S6 but can't seem to find anyone to price the job!... any recommendations are very welcome!

Thanks

We are based in S6 and had some large conifers topped recently. We used these guys:

http://www.tree-fellas.co.uk/

On the administration side the communication wasn't great, but they did a decent job with the trees.

Can anyone recommend a good ( and hopefully cheap ) tree surgeon . My dad has a conifer tree that needs cutting down as is making is way into the whole garden as its so wide !!

Thanks in advance for your help !

Jane

Hello I have 3 biggish trees in my back garden that need cutting down,can anyone help me plz? thanks

http://www.acmetreesurgery.co.uk/

ACME staff was very professional to give advice about a potential removal of a cherry tree and others (e.g. tree report). Would recommend it without hestitation.

Hi,

I am looking to cut down the tree in the back garden. Found someone to do it and then - no show... :( Are there any recommendation on a responsible and reliable tree surgeon to do the job? Thanks!

Hi,

I am looking to cut down the tree in the back garden. Found someone to do it and then - no show... :( Are there any recommendation on a responsible and reliable tree surgeon to do the job? Thanks!

You can try AMCE. See my previous reply to this post for their website or just Google it. They did send someone to check and quote and give good advice. I didn't use them in the end only because the property transaction fell through.

Thanks, I'll try