Family Name Search - Willford

Hello can anyone help im searching my family tree. Can anyone remember the family called WILLFORD lived in attercliffe behind CARBROOK HALL also been told lived at the GATEYARD if anyone knows what i mean? thanx alot i know it a long shot.

is it deffo willford your looking have fam connections with the name wilford who came from that area..

Yes its spelt with 2 LL i made sure of the spelling thanx for your reply

For the second time I find myself registering with forums to reply to posts made by someone many years ago, carrying out a search for family of the name Willford.

hello there, while you may not be a member of this website, it is my purpose to now find you to work out if we're searching for the same people.

my great great grandfather was George William Willford of Attercliffe.

while I've plenty of research talent this search is a tough thing. While I've uncovered many things, without a few crucial pieces of info much is uncovered, little is connected.

Thus starts the search for yourself, to work out if our searches are for the same people. If not perhaps through comparing notes we can help the other uncover more of their path.

thanks

Hi Ashlie,

Some christian names would help.

Moira.

The good thing is, that while Ashlie's last post here on this topic was in 2009, Ashlie last used this site a few days ago.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 12:00 ----------

Ashlie when you see this post please reply as soon as you can.

I started carrying out these Willford searches in the past month or so, though I have many other things on this month, so my searches, the time on them etc is not constant, it comes and goes.

I'm London based, though came up to Sheffield on Saturday to visit family and to check out past addresses of George W Willford with my grandad. We talked with people and were invited into two homes.

Yesterday my mother recalled a book of family devotions, a prayer book I think, which listed some Willford names of the family etc

Even if it turns out that the Willfords you are searching for are not the same as those I'm searching for, in the course of my research I've come up with Willfords of Attercliffe, who, if not my ancestors, my turn out as yours.

my email is josephus@macace.net, or you can contact me on here through private message for my mobile number,

thanks

Jo

Do either of you know the name of George's wife and roughly what year they were born?

Moira.

Do either of you know the name of George's wife and roughly what year they were born?

Moira.

Unfortunately Moira, if I could have just one piece of info, then the the one crucial piece of info I would want is that very thing.

With it I could properly cross reference George Willford, it would help out so much to work out everything.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 13:19 ----------

When I was visiting houses on Saturday possibly the main query was, do you know what his wife's name was?

Unfortunately my grandad, who appears to have written on the back of his great grandfather and great grandmother's pictures that we have, opted to put his great grandfather's name there, but not to put his great grandmother's name on her picture.

oh well, on with the search

Do you have a Annie Wilford on your tree, possible daughter of George William.

Moira.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 14:36 ----------

Moira

Moira.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 14:36 ----------

Moira

Yes yes there is. The name my grandad told me Annie Willford, to whom in my search I was tasked with trying variations of the first name etc

In the Family Book of Devotions just looked at this weekend, it says

Annie Willford married August 13th 1895. My father pointed out the next names are her children. Of which Ellen Willford is my grandad's mother I think.

Hi Josephus,

Can you check your in box for private emails please?

I've sent to you details of a George William's marriage in 1866

To a Martha Foster.

She passed away in 1877 aged 30

Wife of George William Willford

Both residing at Hill Top Attercliffe.

There's lots of other information in my emails

Many a Thanks

Jubey