The old houses off Penistone rd

Back in the 70's i was brought up on Harewood rd and wondered if anyone remembers these old streets or if any of you once lived there.

I remember Lofthouse rd aswell which were the street next to ours our back yards used to meet.

I remeber Anlaby st, Brough st and Cottam st, 'cause my brother used to deliver milk on 'em, and I sometimes helped him when I wagged skoyl.

Idont remember harewood rd the names all fade lived on penistone rd30s &late 40s High house rd(off bamforth)now demolish, cousins lived near Bassets backing on to the Don,i can still smell that place, in &out lots of yards as our roaming covered a large area,we was always back in time for tea

Back in the 70's i was brought up on Harewood rd and wondered if anyone remembers these old streets or if any of you once lived there.

I remember Lofthouse rd aswell which were the street next to ours our back yards used to meet.

There used to be Dutton Rd and Beulah Rd running off Penistone Rd.

Running between Dutton And Buelah were Grant Rd Harewood Rd and Lofthouse Rd.

I lived on Dutton Rd 1940-46/7

Rachylou

I lived on Penstone Road between Dutton Road and Beulah Road opposite Hillsborough Park until 1962.

Happy Days!

Thanks for the picture was a little before my time but would love to see some more...?

My uncle who lived opposite me on Harewood has still got the road name sign in his garage he asked if he could take it for a keepsake when the houses were knocked down.

My back yard could have backed on to yours then?? I lived on loft house...:)

Our back yard backed onto the nash's other names i can just about remember are yvonne and Barry poulton...The cheethams....waltons....not so good with surnames but have got quite a few memories from there although i left when i was about 9ish.

Our back yard backed onto the nash's other names i can just about remember are yvonne and Barry poulton...The cheethams....waltons....not so good with surnames but have got quite a few memories from there although i left when i was about 9ish.

Ive asked this b4...

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37441

where were you then?:P

other names i can just about remember are yvonne and Barry ...The cheethams....waltons....

:o :o :o :o i had hair then...

Oh never mind...i dont always like to drag old threads up but thought i remembered mentioning it somewhere else...just remembered someone else...Wayne and Richard Dawson one of them got knocked down cant remeber which one but he ran straight down his "entry" and straight onto the rd without looking i can rember the ambulance coming. They lived on grant rd i think though i recall they were really popular i fancied wayne the older one!