Your memoires of the Elm Tree pub and Arbrouthorne Hotel

Something to looked forward another petrol station no doubt the same boring design seen elsewhere. Unlike the familiar Elm Tree façade.

-------------

Hi Crookedspire, I got it wrong i should have said Asda :loopy: not

Morrisons, Cheers.

You could hire someone from the Arbourthorne to do some dirty work for you, that's verbal and physical assault !

Bit like the "Roundhouse " eh?

Bit like the "Roundhouse " eh?

Where was the Roundhouse and were the Irish lads in there the same ones who dished out the physical from the Arbourthorne.

The name Collins springs to mind !!

Where was the Roundhouse and were the Irish lads in there the same ones who dished out the physical from the Arbourthorne.

The Roundhouse was, I think, a nickname, for a pub in Heeley that in the 70's was a place you could get personal damage arranged, for the right price, with no questions asked. Never went in the place myself, but heard lots of stories from friends who were regulars there.

another petrol station no doubt the same boring design seen elsewhere.

:D:hihi: Sorry but that made me laugh....wondering how you can make petrol stations exciting :cool:

Once went in Elm tree after work with a mate, and he got attacked by a woman on the way out, can't remember why. Wasn't someone he knew.

would that be willy Collins ?

used to go in both of them in the 70s when i first went in the arbourthorne in 1971 the d.j was ray stewart before he went on the radio and the elmtree was run run by gladis ? a very strict scottish woman . you was thrown out for just looking at her. she stood for no nonesense

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 20:18 ----------

used to go in both of them in the 70s when i first went in the arbourthorne in 1971 the d.j was ray stewart before he went on the radio and the elmtree was run run by gwen a very strict scottish woman . you was thrown out for just looking at her. she stood for no nonesense

Undreage drinking at the Elm Tree Saturday nights before walking down to the Embassy dance hall! Circa 1954

Elm Tree regular Jeff Crawshaw from Ridgeway Drive a window cleaner sat bottom corner of concert room complete with leather and bucket come rain or come shine at every early bar .

Edited by Albert smith

I remember Mrs Worral going to the Elm Tree at least twice a week in the late fifties and early sixties, she lived on the Woodthorpe, Fishponds Road?, she caught the 71 bus from the Manor Top after the pub closed at night, she got off at Hastillar Road and walked down to her home from there, she wasn't a young woman either, she was always a bit tipsy but never offended anyone, I went to school with her son Joe.

used to go in both of them in the 70s when i first went in the arbourthorne in 1971 the d.j was ray stewart before he went on the radio and the elmtree was run run by gladis ? a very strict scottish woman . you was thrown out for just looking at her. she stood for no nonesense

I remember Ray Stewart he used to do loads of pubs was regularly at the Windsor also.

Also remember "Gaspin' Gus's Roadshow' at the Arbour

Always wondered whatever happened to Gaspin' Gus