The Owls 20/02/17

Wednesday have come in for some criticism this season from fans and onlookers alike, I have tried to keep the faith but some of the early season performances even tested my patience but it’s now looking like CC has mostly got it right and DC has backed him to the hilt. I think many fans accepted too much this time around after the brilliant way we got to the play off final but these things usually come with a hangover (ask Leicester City), we have stuttured at times but got the points and we have tended to rise to the occasion when needed (Newcastle, Hudders and despite the result even Brighton), we had a decent set of fixtures that I deemed winnable this year and so far we’ve won five out of the six, the team spirit was there for all to see on Saturday and the squad/bench is very strong, these things can come back to bite you on the arris but I’ve a good feeling about the rest of the season – this could be the one!!!!

Wednesday have come in for some criticism this season from fans and onlookers alike, I have tried to keep the faith but some of the early season performances even tested my patience but it’s now looking like CC has mostly got it right and DC has backed him to the hilt. I think many fans accepted too much this time around after the brilliant way we got to the play off final but these things usually come with a hangover (ask Leicester City), we have stuttured at times but got the points and we have tended to rise to the occasion when needed (Newcastle, Hudders and despite the result even Brighton), we had a decent set of fixtures that I deemed winnable this year and so far we’ve won five out of the six, the team spirit was there for all to see on Saturday and the squad/bench is very strong, these things can come back to bite you on the arris but I’ve a good feeling about the rest of the season – this could be the one!!!!

Said for weeks, you'll be promoted and I mean automatically. It's very logical.

I keep hanging onto the hope that we will kick on.

Saturday I saw some of that, definitely. The Abdi start and goal is a huge bonus. FF 'could' now go on a run. All if's etc but I definitely believe the run is building confidence.

5yrs ago we did it with a remarkable run. Don't think we'll do it this time but I am more confident of at least getting into the play offs than I was 3 weeks ago. We sat 6th, 8 points behind Leeds and only 3 points clear of a team with a game in hand but this run has been good although fortunate as well.

Carlos said post Wigan our season starts now. Let's hope he's right. In fact, I love his latest comment 'We are now like adults in the competition'

---------- Post added 20-02-2017 at 11:48 ----------

I also looked last night at historical final results. 3 teams have made the final in consecutive seasons (Leicester, Palace and West Ham). Leicester actually did it 3 in a row and went up the 3rd time, whereas Palace and West Ham went up the second attempt. So there's form for going up that way

A long way to go though

Edited by senwar

Saturday I saw some of that, definitely. The Abdi start and goal is a huge bonus. FF 'could' now go on a run. All if's etc but I definitely believe the run is building confidence.

5yrs ago we did it with a remarkable run. Don't think we'll do it this time but I am more confident of at least getting into the play offs than I was 3 weeks ago. We sat 6th, 8 points behind Leeds and only 3 points clear of a team with a game in hand but this run has been good although fortunate as well.

Carlos said post Wigan our season starts now. Let's hope he's right. In fact, I love his latest comment 'We are now like adults in the competition'

I also looked last night at historical final results. 3 teams have made the final in consecutive seasons (Leicester, Palace and West Ham). Leicester actually did it 3 in a row and went up the 3rd time, whereas Palace and West Ham went up the second attempt. So there's form for going up that way

A long way to go though

I tend to pessimistic when it comes to Wednesday but I think the play offs are dare I say it nailed on now (especially if we win tomorrow) and I would fancy us against any of the sides in there, Norwich and Fulham perhaps have a chance of breaching the top 6 but games are running out. Just a shame the top two have that gap but you never know.

Edited by top4718

While ever there is a possibility then we have to keep fighting for a top two place, it only takes a couple of blips from either of the top two and we could be right in the mix.

If it does end up being the play offs I fancy us to beat any of the current other three teams in there.

While ever there is a possibility then we have to keep fighting for a top two place, it only takes a couple of blips from either of the top two and we could be right in the mix.

If it does end up being the play offs I fancy us to beat any of the current other three teams in there.

I honestly think that you are in a win win situation. If you don't get automatic promotion (which I think you will), you'll beat anyone around you in the play offs.

It's a good time to be an Owl.

I honestly think that you are in a win win situation. If you don't get automatic promotion (which I think you will), you'll beat anyone around you in the play offs.

It's a good time to be an Owl.

Not for me at the min pal got r8 man flu lol

Not for me at the min pal got r8 man flu lol

Lol, hope you don't shake the players hands after the game... We wouldn't want then all to catch flu :hihi:

We can only keep the winning run going as long as we can and hope those above slip up. I still think theres too much to do to catch the top 2 but there isn't any team this season thats looked capable of running away with the league so who knows. Im not too worried about anyone we could face in the playoffs but until we are there im not even considering it

I think any slim chances of automatic that were there have vanished with tonights Newcastle win against a poor Villa side, lets go for it now in the play offs, the dream is on.

A long way to go though

With respect, what happened to Leicester City, Crystal Palace and West Ham United will not help Sheffield Wednesday. As an 'Owl' since 1957, my bones tell me it's not going to happen as the teams currently in 3rd to 6th are not good enough , as in last season Burnley, Middlesbrough and Hull City are finding out. especially the latter two.

Edited by stpetre
Add

With respect, what happened to Leicester City, Crystal Palace and West Ham United will not help Sheffield Wednesday. As an 'Owl' since 1957, my bones tell me it's not going to happen as the teams currently in 3rd to 6th are not good enough , as in last season Burnley, Middlesbrough and Hull City are finding out. especially the latter two.

I'm not saying it will help us I'm just saying there's form for it to happen.

I don't think any team going up will be fully competitive *edit although I realise I'm wrong there given Leicesters exploits last season!

Edited by senwar