To drink on a weekend

Just came home after a long day at work, was telling my fiance all about it. Finished it off with the comment - I feel like I need a drink now! He laughed and replied: You don't have to drink every weekend you know, we have nothing on (ie no plans with friends).

I consider my job to be fairly stressful and work load heavy at times. I rarely drink during the week, but I do enjoy a drink when it comes to the weekend. A bottle of rose or prosecco over the two nights or similar. I see it as a way to wind down and relax while watching TV or a film.

Is it so wrong of me to do this or am I being overly sensitive towards his comments due to my pants day?

I don't think a bottle of wine over a weekend is over much, although perhaps the comment is getting to you more because it was a bad day?

I'd regularly drink a bottle over a weekend if I wasn't planning on doing much. Doesn't seem that esxcessive to me if you are not drinking in the week.

Just came home after a long day at work, was telling my fiance all about it. Finished it off with the comment - I feel like I need a drink now! He laughed and replied: You don't have to drink every weekend you know, we have nothing on (ie no plans with friends).

I consider my job to be fairly stressful and work load heavy at times. I rarely drink during the week, but I do enjoy a drink when it comes to the weekend. A bottle of rose or prosecco over the two nights or similar. I see it as a way to wind down and relax while watching TV or a film.

Is it so wrong of me to do this or am I being overly sensitive towards his comments due to my pants day?

Tell him to nob off and drink as much as you feel like drinking - he sounds a bit up himself if you ask me.

What's a 'pants' day ?

A crappy day; a bad day. Have you genuinely never heard anyone use 'pants' to mean rubbish or no good?

Well I'm cooking meatballs for tea, so a bottle of red got opened.....for the sauce obviously :hihi:

Well I'm cooking meatballs for tea, so a bottle of red got opened.....for the sauce obviously :hihi:

who you are saucy.

I`ve got 2 bottles of chardany.

its Friday!!!:hihi:

If the quantities you quote are accurate, and drinking doesn't make you

a bad person or ill, then that is a reasonable amount in my opinion.

Any doctor would tell you the same I think.

I would try to find out why your fiancé has such a downer on it though.

If in the past you have had a problem with drink then best to abstain altogether is the general opinion.

Other than that I can't see a problem, we all need to unwind.

Tell him to nob off and drink as much as you feel like drinking - he sounds a bit up himself if you ask me.

Wow, great relationship advice, if you're an arse and want to end up single.

IMHO if you rely on alcohol to be able to unwind every Friday, you have a problem, maybe not a drink problem, but you could try to find another way to unwind all the same.

Good job the op didn't ask you. That's terrible advice. sorry but you sound quite bitter.

IMHO if you rely on alcohol to be able to unwind every Friday, you have a problem, maybe not a drink problem, but you could try to find another way to unwind all the same.

before you slate people about how they unwind can I ask you how you unwind please?

is it a mcdonalds/visit the cinema/drive a car/hunt a rabbit????

Its just so I can judge you and offer my opinions on your life!!