Recently Self Employed

Hi there, I have recently registered as self employed and was wondering if there was anything I could claim while I'm getting my business off the ground. Any other advice will be welcomed too!

I'm a freelance groom and will be setting up a tack shop in 6 months

Question: are you funding the opening of the shop yourself? If so, I doubt you will be able to claim much. I'm sure it will need many thousands of pounds to stock a shop, pay the overheads etc until it becomes profitable.

I'm a freelance groom and will be setting up a tack shop in 6 months

Can't see that one working,sorry.

would you like to explain how someone asking how to claim benefits can finance and run a new business,you are living in a dream world.

Firstly you don't know anything about my financial background or where the money would be coming from. Secondly I hadn't said anything about claiming for benefits. I meant things I could claim for such as possible discounted travel services etc.

Claiming does give the impression your were asking for advice of some kind of benefit. Most other offers (not something you claim) are usually for OAPs, students or unemployed.

You could claim business rates relief if you are a small business. I can't think of anything else unless you look at the .Gov website for grants etc.