Broomhill - China Inn

Today I noticed that the old 'On A Roll' is to be converted into a wine bar and restaurant. Des anybody know anything about it?

The email address for job applicants is noodinn@yahoo.co.uk, so it's possibly going to be another incarnation of Noodle Inn / a Chinese restaurant?

There seems to be 2 places opening next door to each other. One sign says wine bar and the other says Dim Sum restaurant.... the signs are very different so I'm not sure they are connected.

They are connected 3 shops together. Its the people behind Noodle Inn with a twist...

Edited by hypester
wrong

Has this place now opened? Signs are up but I couldn't read name and website as I drove past earlier...

Quoting from today's Sheffield Telegraph:

David Chan’s fast-expanding chain – which already includes the Noodle Inn, Hot Pot and Mandar-Inn in London Road and the Noodle Inn Centro in Westfield Terrace – is branching out yet again with the new Chicha Inn in Fulwood Road, Broomhill. The outlet is open from 8am for breakfast, lunch and evening à la carte. The head chef has come from Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant Hakkasan in London’s Mayfair

We popped for tea last night.

Much more upmarket than noodle inn , quite nicely done inside and very comfortable (I never really got on with the squash and a squeeze in noodle inn).

A good selection of dim sum , stir fries , noodle and rice dishes plus some more expensive "signature dishes" with things like sirloin steak and scallops etc.

A bit overwhelmed by the choice but the waitress was very friendly and answered all our questions .

We had a steamed pork dim sum , a fried prawn dim sum and some spring rolls to start.

All were excellent and great value at £ 3.50-£ 4 each (the spring rolls were an especially generous portion for the price).

We then had a lamb stir fry , fried noodles & beansprouts (for our veggie) a malaysian noodle dish (think lightly curried noodles with prawns , char siu and vegetables) and a steamed rice.

All very good and far too much to eat...we brought quite a bit home for leftovers.

2 cokes and a pot of jasmine green tea - £ 45 in total.

They had a variety of set menus which looked interesting - one was £ 40 a head !

But had a lot of things on it which would make a very interesting night out....

They are open from 8 am all day (for coffee and cakes) and have a good selection of cake r us on display...menus on the counter for takeaway. Website doesn't seem to be working yet but think it is http://www.chichainn.com.

This sounds good... the 'wine bar' description is confusing me a little... does it have any decent wine?!

This sounds good... the 'wine bar' description is confusing me a little... does it have any decent wine?!

They do sell wine - but its certainly not a wine bar...wonder if the mods can change the title?

I had a dim sum lunch there the other day and it seems to be an interesting place. There isn't a huge selection of dim sum but what we had was good There was a very knowledgeable waitress who was telling us about the differences between all the teas that they have.

At lunch time the menu is dim sum and some noodle and other dishes.

The evening menu seems huge and it's quite a mixture between Chinese food with some Thai and Malaysian influences. Their sweet and sour sauce seems to be based on strawberries which sounds interesting but I'm not sure I fancy trying it... Hopefully the web site will be up and running soon

I haven't had time to eat here yet, but took a look. Gorgeous (if rather over stuffed) furniture. We picked up a menu. it has lots of interesting starters and dim sum, with a smaller range of less interesting main courses. Looking forward to our first visit in a few weeks time.