Starving people of the world

Just been watching news on TV why dose it always show you the young children

Who are in poor health ,that are starving ,but what I don't get is the mothers always look fine and look in good health and as for the men they look fit and well dressed do they come first in the food line? before the kids

Who are in poor health ,that are starving ,but what I don't get is the mothers always look fine and look in good health and as for the men they look fit and well dressed do they come first in the food line? before the kids

All lies then, is it?

Without knowing where in the world you are referring to it is difficult to say, but I can certainly foresee situations where it makes more sense, and is indeed more moral (albeit a terribly hard to decision to make), to feed oneself before feeding a child.

I would imagine however that this is not the case, and it is merely that the effects of starvation are more visible in children.

I dont think it does, not from when ive seen reports of starving people. Care to show us the reports?

Watched a programme about 1985 over the weekend,it featured people starving in Africa,this is still happening after all these years,whats happened to the billions of aid sent to the countries?

The countries enduring famine and related problems tend to be extremely badly run. If they were not so badly run they their people would probably not need our help. But they do need our help and it's not for us to remove their bad governments (the only thing which could really fix the problem). So we help.

By all means whinge a bit, that's perfectly reasonable. But we're going to keep helping. What else can we do? Hopefully one day the bad governments will get removed and they won't need so much help. Until then .....

Watched a programme about 1985 over the weekend,it featured people starving in Africa,this is still happening after all these years,whats happened to the billions of aid sent to the countries?

Do you think that aid money stops all possible future famine? Does it guarantee the weather, guarantee that no civil wars occur, etc??? Or does it just fix 1 problem, in 1 place, at 1 time? :roll:

Some of that countries have crucifixion as legal punishment and sharia law.

You can imagine how food and money is divided among people there.

Still, you can't stop trying to help..

If I have seen the same report, it is probably one from South Sudan.

As a BBC report on the announcement of famine in the country, it included clips from different parts of the country.

Malnourished infants in a refugee camp may have contrasted (to the OP) with adults moving heavy bags of rice and politicians in suits. Surprise at these differences may indicate a lack of understanding of reality more than anything else.

Do you think that aid money stops all possible future famine? Does it guarantee the weather, guarantee that no civil wars occur, etc??? Or does it just fix 1 problem, in 1 place, at 1 time? :roll:

If used correctly the money can combat droughts,can help make a civilised society,as the saying goes give him a fish and feed him for a day,teach him to fish and feed him for life.