Blades v AFC Wimbledon 04/02/17

I think the line up on Saturday was the sensible way to go and what we expected,start Hanson and the other new lads to come off the bench,make the change in defence after the goals we let in recently,stick with what we know and what has served us well this season.

No Done,Scougall or McNulty,so it's Wilder putting more of his stamp on the team,with his own signings rather than someone elses.

Hopefully,Sharpe, Hanson and Lavery can work together,whichever 2 are on the field,I think this is maybe the main area of importance for the rest of the season,the one we need to improve most,and if we can get the Deane/Agana thing going with these players,it would be the final piece of the jigsaw.Also,O'Shea can come on and supplement the strikers from midfield,I think he will do well for us.

If it's not meant to be Clarke up there playing the big man,let's hope Hanson is our guy.We could afford to give Billy an early rest with things looking good,and we can now go over the top with more confidence if we can't pass through defences after an hour or so,aim for Hanson and let him get knockdowns or head for goal.

Edited by chalga

I think the line up on Saturday was the sensible way to go and what we expected,start Hanson and the other new lads to come off the bench,make the change in defence after the goals we let in recently,stick with what we know and what has served us well this season.

No Done,Scougall or McNulty,so it's Wilder putting more of his stamp on the team,with his own signings rather than someone elses.

Hopefully,Sharpe, Hanson and Lavery can work together,whichever 2 are on the field,I think this is maybe the main area of importance for the rest of the season,the one we need to improve most,and if we can get the Deane/Agana thing going with these players,it would be the final piece of the jigsaw.Also,O'Shea can come on and supplement the strikers from midfield,I think he will do well for us.

If it's not meant to be Clarke up there playing the big man,let's hope Hanson is our guy.We could afford to give Billy an early rest with things looking good,and we can now go over the top with more confidence if we can't pass through defences after an hour or so,aim for Hanson and let him get knockdowns or head for goal.

No need to go over top really, Hanson can get on the end of the crosses we put in. I think Wilder has been really smart here, he has given himself a genuine plan B for when plan A is not coming off.

Carlos take note ;)

No need to go over top really, Hanson can get on the end of the crosses we put in. I think Wilder has been really smart here, he has given himself a genuine plan B for when plan A is not coming off.

Carlos take note ;)

Well,Wilder himself has talked about a more direct style of play after the game.H e has said that the style will not change after the loss against Fleetwood,but he wants the option to go direct,which is what I have been wanting for a while now,every team needs the direct option I think,and many do use it.It's alright getting to the by line and putting in a cross,but sometimes you just need somebody out wide to hit a long,accurate cross from mid way inside the opponents half to put a defence under a different kind of pressure,with Hanson in the team it would be criminal not too.

Its nice to score goals but the more pleasing aspect for me is the clean sheet. Another poster recently made a very astute comparison of results when Wright was and wasn't playing. I think Chris Wilder should take note!!

Its nice to score goals but the more pleasing aspect for me is the clean sheet.
Yeah, this. Simon and some defenders' confidence must have taken a knock in those losses/draws recently, so it was good to put those to bed.