PO Box rental

Hey everyone,

Any idea where I can rent myself a PO Box?

Are there any companies in Sheffield that offer Post boxes with a key?

I know the Royal Mail offer them at certain sorting offices, but I was wondering if there were private companies offering them as well.

http://www.mbe.co.uk/centerdetails.aspx?cid=106

Mail Boxes Etc just off Division Street offer PO boxes. You get access to your box 24/7.

The guy who owns the franchise is called Frank and he is really helpful.

The address for them is along the lines of

999 Devonshire House

Eldon Street

Sheffield

S1 4NR

The only drawback is that the addresses don't show up on a Royal Mail post code search.

The RM PO box isn't a physical box n key thing. Its merely a postal address and you can collect your mail or pay a bit extra to have it forwarded to another (ie your home) address. It used to be £57 ish for the year and a bit more for forwarding.

They were in fashion once, but as they cant be used on websites as a trading address (EC directive) they're not much use and they are not seen as professional. Also, because of online scams etc, using a PO box on a website would just create the wrong image and turn many visitors away....unless they're buying something dodgy :D

There are other PO box mailing service but I cant remember the name.

Same thing though, no good for business really. As this is a business forum, i'm presuming you're wanting it for business purposes?

Oh great!

MBE looks like it will do the trick.

This isn't for business use, it's for personal use. Sorry I posted on the business thread I thought this might be the place where people would be 'in the know'.

I want one for privacy reasons. I'm not too keen on sharing my residential address with everyone who requires an address, especially when I'm shopping and buying stuff online etc.

I think residential addresses should only be shared when it's required by law - but apart from that, what's wrong keeping where you live confidential?

At least it helps cut down on Identity theft. :)

well in that case it wont matter. MBE was the one I couldn't remember!

Try contacting Alison Business Centre,

They offer the service of Postal Boxes at very reasonable prices

telephone No 01142 835900

Good Luck

Just letting everyone know that Mail Boxes Etc has now moved premises, to 88 Queen Street, Sheffield S1 2FW (behind the Cathedral).

We still offer Mailbox and PO Pox services, and Frank is still extremely helpful!

Try the place opposite the old centre for popular music neR the trIn station.

Oh great!

MBE looks like it will do the trick.

This isn't for business use, it's for personal use. Sorry I posted on the business thread I thought this might be the place where people would be 'in the know'.

I want one for privacy reasons. I'm not too keen on sharing my residential address with everyone who requires an address, especially when I'm shopping and buying stuff online etc.

I think residential addresses should only be shared when it's required by law - but apart from that, what's wrong keeping where you live confidential?

At least it helps cut down on Identity theft. :)

Do you realise a lot of couriers won't deliver to P.O Box addresses? A lot of virtual offices offer a postal box service (locker with key) but many only accept letters not parcels.

Try We Do Mailboxes based in Chapeltown.

They take mail, parcels and you can collect or have the parcel delivered at a time you want for a small fee.

Call Mark on 07815695867

Omnia One do it, we use theirs, Amy 01142792600