Former McDonald's on the Moor

Can anyone remember what was in building where mcdonalds on moor was

Beefburgers ???

I can't remember it being anything else to be honest, wasn't redgates just what Sunwin house or whatever it is now was?

Saying that im only 28 and my memory aint great lol.

Wasn't it part of Redgates?

wasnt regates the building where the co op was ..then it was tk max for a while when they were refurbishing the orchard square shop ???

Can you remember Zodiac what opened as a toy shop when Redgates shut, that was a proper toy shop lol.

I can remember my nanan buying me a he-man and a centurian from there haha.

Curtis hi fi and record shop rings a bell.

In the mid 80's it was a shoe shop! I remember coming to Sheff as a little kid to have school shoes bought for me from that building... It was a K's or a Clarks or somesuch place that sold Startrite shoes... The kids shoes were up the stairs... When I moved to Sheff 12/13 years ago I was amazed that it wasn't a shop anymore, but a McD's... Redgates I also recall, and that was where the Coop was, which I think is a building down the side called Sunwin House...

I remember the Former Mcdonalds as being a Benson's carpets, many moons ago, and the heart foundation charity shop which is on the opposite corner, was a DER/ Radio Rentals.

McDonalds address is 1-5 The Moor. In 1972, No 1 was Eastern Carpets, No 3 was Mansfields shoe shop and No 5 was Curtis's Radio, TV & Hi-Fi. Redgates had been a bit lower down than this on the same side; by 1972 they had moved to 18-24 Furnival Gate.

McDonalds address is 1-5 The Moor. In 1972, No 1 was Eastern Carpets, No 3 was Mansfields shoe shop and No 5 was Curtis's Radio, TV & Hi-Fi. Redgates had been a bit lower down than this on the same side; by 1972 they had moved to 18-24 Furnival Gate.

Mansfield's - that was it! I'd been trying to remember the name of the shoe shop. I got some lovely brogues there - the height of fashion they were (in about 1963....). Some of us old fogies can remember Redgates being in Fargate....:(