Looking for Peter Owen Jones paintings

Does anyone have any prints of the late P.O.Jones?He taught me art in the 70s and released about 8 of his pictures in prints of 500.I managed to obtain the ones of Fargate;The Old Bank;Moorhead;Coles Corner and Pinstone St but cant find the others.

My brother lived near him at Bradway and knew the family. so the first print we had for a very low price is Pond st the others are looking up towards the City Hall, Abbeydale road , Ecclesall road, Beauchief Post office. He was a great artist especialy painting night time scenes the Ecclesall Road at night with the light glinting on the tramtracks is a good example, a very sad loss ,some of his later issued prints were signed by his wife who has sinced died, I met his daughter at a art exhibition some years ago it was she who told us that theCOOP Chesterfield had the framed print for sale of the Beachief post office, to come back to your question I have seen Owen Jones pictures for sale in the art shop at the bottom of Cambridge St but cannot help you further and mine are not for sale.

Re: P. O. Jones

Would he be the same artist (1933) who painted "Winter morning exercise", a landscape of a couple walking in the snow with a steam train on an embankment. Very evocative picture and of a high standard.

It was reproduced by Gordon Fraser greeting cards in 1992.

I had assumed he was a railway artist and was searching google.

Regards

PK

I have 6 of his prints and unfortunately not for sale. I first met him at the Sheffield Art show where he was just finishing a piece called 'back to work'. I was in Elton in Derbyshire a couple of years ago doing some family history research and came across his grave in the church yard there next to his wife Christine.

POJ also taught me in the 70's at KES. Sadly I was a hopeless case, but he was often beavering away on one of his own works at the back of the room. As these always involved one or both of my great loves - Sheffield and steam, this more than compensated for trying to get to grips with perspective and the like. I was fortunate to meet him again many years later at an exhibition and only wish I could have afforded an original. One of life's true gents, and one of the best in his field IMHO. For those wanting to see more, and maybe buy a print, I found this website. Enjoy! http://www.peterowenjones.co.uk/gallery.asp

There's an exhibition of POJ's paintings at the Simmonite Gallery on Eccleshall Road from June 24th to July 1st.

There is a Peter Owen Jones print for sale on ebay.

Cynthia, Canada.

I am trying to sell one of Coles Corner if you want another one!

POJ also taught me in the 70's at KES. Sadly I was a hopeless case, but he was often beavering away on one of his own works at the back of the room.

he was my art teacher at KES too, 1977 to 1980. I did not know he was dead. He was a proper old skool artist and was always working on his own oil paintings in the back room......

Is KES, King Edwards or King Ecgberts? We always called the latter KES but I've heard other's calling the former KES, too?

I really like Peter Owen Jones' paintings of old Sheffield. They're so evocative of my childhood years. I like George Cunningham's stuff too, but they're more amusing and cruder in their execution, than dramatic and impressive.

Is KES, King Edwards or King Ecgberts? We always called the latter KES but I've heard other's calling the former KES, too?

I really like Peter Owen Jones' paintings of old Sheffield. They're so evocative of my childhood years. I like George Cunningham's stuff too, but they're more amusing and cruder in their execution, than dramatic and impressive.

It was King Edwards, Ruby, he was my form tutor in my final year (1982/83 - so long ago!!!!)

He was also a friend of my dad's, I've just wondered if dad has any of his pictures!!!

I am trying to sell one of Coles Corner if you want another one!

Since I posted in 2006 (under the name Rockyblade) I have got hold of more of his pictures and now have 10 -there is still 1 I can't get and can't even remember what it's called as it's that long since I last saw it:help: