Excelsior coaches Dinnington

I would like to trace a picture (preferably colour) of the livery that Excelsior coaches carried in the early sixties. I have read that it was all over off white with possibly black/dark grey/dark green side panels. The name, Excelsior, being marked out in gold. If someone can confirm the colour of the side panels, it would be a start but a photo would be ideal. I also need to know what make of coach they were and the coach builder.

Thanks

Put excelsior coaches dinnington into google images.

Yep, I did the google, flickr and photobucket searches but they don't turn up coaches of the particular era I'm looking for.

This is the closest I've found,in the four pictures at the bottom of this page, but I've been given a date of 1957 or 58 for this and it's a monochrome image.

http://dinningtonheritage.weebly.com/transport.html

In the early mid eighties the colours were orange and white and they had at least one Leyland Leopard "Executive" coach.

Edited by Odd-jobs

In the late 50's early 60's Wigmore Excelsior Coaches were overall cream with dark green side panels. In the mid 60's it changed to white and green and in the late 60's to black and white when they took over George Gill Coaches of Stannington. The photo of SWX632 on the Diinington Heritage site is a good example but unfortunately monochrome. I have not come across any colour photos yet. They had this coach between 1960-62 and like the majority in the early 60's was a Bedford with a Plaxton body. There was then a change to Bedfords with Duple bodywork. Hope this is of help.

In the late 50's early 60's Wigmore Excelsior Coaches were overall cream with dark green side panels. In the mid 60's it changed to white and green and in the late 60's to black and white when they took over George Gill Coaches of Stannington. The photo of SWX632 on the Diinington Heritage site is a good example but unfortunately monochrome. I have not come across any colour photos yet. They had this coach between 1960-62 and like the majority in the early 60's was a Bedford with a Plaxton body. There was then a change to Bedfords with Duple bodywork. Hope this is of help.

Hi Person6, dabbott313 and All,

Here, for convenience, is the Dinnington Heritage site you mention. On here are some buses belonging to Fosters Coaches which was founded by my wife's Great Grandfather in 1911.......

http://dinningtonheritage.weebly.com/transport.html

Also see this thread 'Fosters Coaches Dinnington' which my wife DawnHelen and I responded to on posts 2 and 3 initially.....

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11091384&highlight=fosters+buses#post11091384

Peter.

Edited by PeterR

Thank you and PeterR particularly, but everyone else who answered too.

Thank you and PeterR particularly, but everyone else who answered too.

Hi Person6,

You're very welcome. I know my post wasn't quite on your particular thread subject but thought you may find the connection interesting. :)

Regards, Peter.