Blades vs Stoke friendly 25/07

Win against a fairly strong Stoke side, a goal from the new flavour of the month and 1 from Sharp.

While we can not take too much from pre-season, it is good to see us competing against an established PL side.

I didn't manage to go tongiht as I was working, so did anyone go who can give an update on the performance?

First half was all SUFC pretty much, very strong start to the game, Billy Sharp scoring on the 10 minute mark, or there abouts. Nice equaliser from them, made a fast break and then (from where I was sat), a three on three, leading to a goal.

Second half was more even, Stoke made plenty of changes and had some good chances. Fitness started to tell at the end and the Blades had a 5 minute barrage on their box/goal. Brooks made a great appearance, and did his usual class act, before Coutts passed to Freeman (wide of goal) who slotted a short pass along the goal line, for young brooks to score.

Evenly matched teams, and I am not sure if that means we are ahead of where we should be at this time of year, or Stoke are behind.

Please, SWFC fans, don't start any bickering to get this thread closed down, it is just my view of how I saw tonight's game.

---------- Post added 26-07-2017 at 10:05 ----------

Goals are here

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10961894/friendlies-round-up-kurt-zouma-makes-stoke-debut-in-defeat-to-sheffield-united

Cheers grappler, good to see a post from you too :)

Did we go with the 3 at the back again?

Fantastic result, pre-season or not.

Shows the boys are ready for the season.

Brentford will be fantastic.

Cheers grappler, good to see a post from you too :)

Did we go with the 3 at the back again?

Yes, JOC, Stearman, Basham.

Yes, JOC, Stearman, Basham.

Very interesting to be honest, thought we might start reverting to 4 at back against better opposition, looks like it is going to be a fun season