Windows 10 download, still available for free?

Is it still possible to download windows 10 over windows 7 for free?

Thank you for that,now I have only to convince my wife to put it on her P.C.

I downloaded & upgraded 4 dell desktops running windows 7 pro just a few weeks ago & it upgraded & verified just fine. Wasn't prompted to do anything.

This was supposedly ended end of July 2016. But either this is a Microsoft oversight or they allow free upgrades from genuine windows 7, 8 & 8.1 on the quiet. End of the day, they'll make more money & save more money if everyone running older versions as far back as Windows 7 upgraded to windows 10.

If I was you, I'd backup important data you cant afford to lose, Upgrade & enter your windows key you're upgrading from & it should let you pass. If it lets you pass, it should have worked. If it doesn't then you will either be notified you have to pay or whatever before you continue. But it worked for me a few weeks ago. So I'd get it done asap!

Cheers for that.

I have used this method to install Windows 10 over Windows 7 twice no questions are asked.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade?tduid=(d90f8df71ea39f79a8ae166b34ec7fc0)(266696)(1544997)()()

Thanks for the info, i am downloading it now

completed no problem

Edited by kidley
update

I still use windows 7, used 10 a lot but isn't great at all, more of a backwards step