Sheffield 1981 - video footage.

I don't think it's changed that much on those clips. Some bits are obviously a bit more tarted up today though.

I enjoyed seeing the 1981 bits..... A much better time!!!

fhgfhgfhgfhgfh

Edited by EdmundH

I worked in the eggbox from 1977 to 1987.

Wonder if I was at my desk at the time of the first clip on post number 1, through those windows facing Surrey Street just before the old Town Hall building. Wish I could pop in and see :)

Peter.

Edited by PeterR

Obvious thing I noticed ..... not a lardy in sight in the first video, and none in the 'then' part of the you tube one. Hence, there was more room back then.

[hkhkhkjjjjjj

Edited by EdmundH

Hmm... er, I have to confess my ignorance... what's a "lardy"?

Grossly overweight person usually with several kids on tow and in groups of two or more. Noticeably very scarce back then.

hkhkhkhlkjlkjl

Edited by EdmundH

Grossly overweight person usually with several kids on tow and in groups of two or more. Noticeably very scarce back then.

Well I left in 1981 and there were no Macdonalds or Burger Kings in England then. Maybe that explains the 'lardys', obesity is bloody epidemic in North America, and everyone blames the fast food chains.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by EdmundH

Well, you know what they say, everything that happens in America comes to Britain and Europe a few years later...

That is very true, I see the Amercanization every time I come over to England. It is a lot different than when I left. There was no interest in ice hockey or American football when I left, and I had never heard of Macdonald.s until I landed in Canada. I also hear people talk about popcorn at the cinema. it was ice cream before I left. Popcorn is a staple of North American movie going and a reason I rarely go, as I can't stand the stink lol