Early Italian restaurants in Sheffield

There was a lovely little Italian restaurant on Abbeydale Road called Morilles. (near the Mother of God RC Church) We used to go in the early 1990s. Does anyone know who ran it and if they have ever opened another restaurant?

Does anyone remember the first Italian restaurants in Sheffield particularly those on London Road. There is a guy in his 80s called Gianni Capone who ran one of the first ones and I can't remember the name of it?

La Romantica is one I remember from a long time ago.

La Favourita just off Division St..........Cappanina ...Abbeydale Road.

La Favourita just off Division St..........Cappanina ...Abbeydale Road.

La Favorita was on Carver Street. Used to go there in the early to mid '60s.

echo.

La Favorita was on Carver Street. Used to go there in the early to mid '60s.

echo.

Correct!...........and a few doors down and in the basement was the first Indian restaurant in Sheffield (I believe) anyone remember the name?

...the first Indian restaurant in Sheffield (I believe) anyone remember the name?
The Ajanta at 22-24 Carver Street opened in c. 1962 and so could well have been the first in Sheffield. Here is a link to a picturesheffield.com photo. Edited by hillsbro

Thanks for that Hilly!............I might have known you would get it!

Does anyone remember the first Italian restaurants in Sheffield particularly those on London Road. There is a guy in his 80s called Gianni Capone who ran one of the first ones and I can't remember the name of it?

There was one on Orchard Street round about 1963i, left hand side going towards Town Hall. Can't remember the name.

That was The Roman Room. :)

That's the one. Couldn't for the life of me remember its' name. My friends' mum worked there but the waiters were all Italian boys.

Been trying to think of the oldest Italian restaurant in Sheffield,at the moment thinking Rossi's but got to be some older.

Doesn't matter now this threads popped up.

Edited by ukdobby