Mobile card payment systems

Has anyone got any advice for which card payment system is best for using on markets, craft fairs etc please? My bank wants to charge £30 a month, don't know if this is good or bad, but it's a lot when not sure of the amount of sales yet. Someone has suggested using an ipad or phone to let customers pay by paypal but not sure if many people would think this is safe enough. Any advice would be most appreciated, Thanks.

paypal is very safe but not everyone has it,

do you have a buisness account? as £30pm is alot

Has anyone got any advice for which card payment system is best for using on markets' date=' craft fairs etc please? My bank wants to charge £30 a month, don't know if this is good or bad, but it's a lot when not sure of the amount of sales yet. Someone has suggested using an ipad or phone to let customers pay by paypal but not sure if many people would think this is safe enough. Any advice would be most appreciated, Thanks.[/quote']

If you join the FSB they have special rates for a mobile card payment system, may be worth a look= http://www.fsb.org.uk/

If you pm me your name, postcode, email and telephone number I can get you a referral discount from the system I use when out and about. I have used several psp's over the last 10 years.

With all the fees/rental etc. the real cost works out around £45/month, there's a few different Apple apps available but 'trust' is a still a definite issue. But fast forward 5yrs and everybody will use them without a problem (like online shopping is now the norm).

paypal is very safe but not everyone has it,

You don't need an account to use PayPal. In my view, PayPal is always the default - if you've got time then have a look around to see if you can save some pennies but the confidence that people have in PayPal is worth any extra expense. People that use PayPal often make more transactions than many other methods which might cost them in terms 1-2% per transaction but those extra transactions will more than cover that.

Just had a look here's there website https://www.izettle.com/gb/

2.75% per transation no set up costs. Optional credit card terminal £20 but comes with £20 transaction credit.

I suppose depending on how many sales you are expecting to have it might be worth a try to start off with but again its all about the trust issue

From 2.75% thats persuming you buy the car reader for £20. In which i think may make it slightly more trustable?

i love that paypal card reader, then i would as a business, but i think customers would get a bit nervous seeing their card attached to someones phone... looks like a card cloner..

might be alright for high flying new york types but can imagine fred and rita from rotherham using it.. :hihi: