Fowler Brothers (Wilfred and Lawrence)

Hi Catherine

Think I'm Correct In This, Your Mum, Hi Cousin.

Jane

Ha Ha ! Thought it was you!

Hello!

C

Hi Catherine

Are You Into The Family History Etc? If You Are I Have Lots Of Info, Regarding The Scarratt And Hadfield Family Names Etc.

Jane

Hi Catherine

Are You Into The Family History Etc? If You Are I Have Lots Of Info, Regarding The Scarratt And Hadfield Family Names Etc.

Jane

Hola, not really, I was just looking for a bit in info on Lawrence for my mum. Dad still has the family tree you did him for his 60th so I can use that for the Hadfield/Scarratt side if I ever really get bitten by the bug!

Cat

Hi Cathrine,

Not getting far with researching my Fowler ancestory in Sheffield and our connection with Wilfred and Lawrence. Unless someone can come up with info on who their father was I cannot rule out the possibility that it could have been my great grandfather. His son, my grandfather was born in sheffield in 1907, his father was 36 at the time and have since discovered he married my great gran in York in 1911 they had a daughter by then. Was he having an affair before running off or had he been in a previous relationship with children. He was a soldier. We know there is a connection and that he had a lot of relatives in Sheffield but he was not specific. He was a bit dodgy it would seem, during his army career he was given No1 field punishment tied to a wheel of a gun for deserting his post while guarding some bridge in France, think he was in the local village drinking in the pub. If anyone has a missing link called Robert Fowler born 1871 it is him. Or does anyone know who the brothers father was.

Incidentally my uncle was very surprised when I discovered he may have been named after Reginald Street that joined Fowler Street in Attercliffe. This could be a clue he did say streets and businesses bore our name. This could be a clue to where he grew up.

Im afraid I can't tell you anything about what happened but my dads sister was married to their nephew and to his dieing day protested their innocence My mums sister was also married to Freddy Goddard until as she told me "started knocking her about" who was also arrested in conection with the same murder but later released

I know both were hung at Armley Jail Leeds, but where are they buried? That's if they were buried and not cremated.

I have read Bean's book and found it fascinating. One interesting point was a transcript from one of the court cases. The Judge ask how the defendent got all his bruises. The Policeman's reply was that he had his arm extended and his fist clenched and the defendent ran into it several times. Magic, try that nowadays !! :hihi:

Kevin :cool:

i was told that their remains are still at Armley nick, as are most who are executed,

Hi, I know this is an old topic but if anyone is still looking I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me about any connections members of Garvins gang had to the Pitsmoor area, particularly around Osgathorpe Park.

Thanks

hi when i asked the only remaining family that would remember the brothers it was well it is best not to know but after reading some of the books that have been printed there is a possibility they were innocent

Hi Cleegirl,

Did you ever find the link between Goddards and Fowler?

---------- Post added 30-07-2017 at 18:15 ----------

Im afraid I can't tell you anything about what happened but my dads sister was married to their nephew and to his dieing day protested their innocence My mums sister was also married to Freddy Goddard until as she told me "started knocking her about" who was also arrested in conection with the same murder but later released

Hi Pamturner,

Was your aunty called Emily?

---------- Post added 30-07-2017 at 18:18 ----------

Hi, I know this is an old topic but if anyone is still looking I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me about any connections members of Garvins gang had to the Pitsmoor area, particularly around Osgathorpe Park.

Thanks

I would be interested to see if anybody else has anymore information on this subject after all these years.

I'm interested to see if Hannah Fowler born 1864 in Sheffield is related to Frederick Fowler, Wilfred and Lawrence father.

Thanks

hi no I don t have any proof of the link to the fowlers has anyone that wold know are long gone and they took the secret with them it was never talked about but what I know is my grandma was a goddard before she got married and had 7 siblings one of the siblings was of some relation to the fowlers by marriage I would think but cant find who it was I know also they was the stanilands also link in there all these names came up in our tree I know they all lived on Scotland street where my grandma live before and after she was married until they got there own house

Hi Cleegirl,

Thanks for the reply and I am super happy you are still on here from when I read the original posts many years ago.

As I can't private message you I will ask you on here. Can you please tell me your grandmothers name and any of the names of her siblings?

I found a marriage of the Fowlers/Goddard connection and I do have Fred Goddard in my tree.

Many thanks.

---------- Post added 30-07-2017 at 19:43 ----------

Hi Again,

The Stanilands lived next door to the Goddards/Fowlers at one time.

Thanks

Sorry, can't assist with your query but Osgathorpe Park is relatively new. There were allotments there back in the day.