Sheffield Women - Industrial History Project

**Sheffield Women's History Project**

Did you participate in Sheffield’s industrial past? Were you involved in political action or protest in the 1970s, 1980s or 1990s? Did the decline of industry in Sheffield affect your life in a significant way? Would you like to take part in an oral history interview?

My name is Emma Partridge and I’m a third year History student at the University of Glasgow. I’m currently conducting research about the impact of de-industrialisation on women in Sheffield for my undergraduate dissertation.

I’m interested in speaking to women in Sheffield and the surrounding area about their experience of industrial decline in the city. My research will focus on the role of women in political action against factory closure and its impact on their lives and aspirations.

You do not need to have been directly involved in industry or in political action – I am interested in the memories of Sheffield’s women about social and political processes and changes that occurred in the city, and how women value these changes.

If you are interested in participating in my research, or have any questions about the work please contact me at: [email protected].

(Please feel free to share this post with anyone who may be interested)

I look forward to hearing your stories!

Mod Note

If you wish to respond to the OP, please use the details provided