The Moto GP mega thread

Great race at Italy. As a rossi fan, I was sad to see his engine blow, but it didn't need him to make the racing in the end.

Good battles for 1st and 2nd and for 3rd/4th/5th

I'm not a Lorenzo fan, but he's a damn good rider.

Missed the chitchat about Stoner having a future race ... is that on the cards? or did I mishear? That would be great, arguably the best rider ever

Still finding it hard to believe that the Yamaha out dragged the Honda to the line. Lorenzo is on fire right now.

The 2011 moto gp Rossi film (when he broke his leg) on again tonite ITV4 lateish. Superb sportumentary for those never having seen it.

Brilliant race this weekend. Great battle between Rossi and Marquez.

Also good to see that they have put the past behind them especially after the tragedy this week.

R.I.P Luis Salom

Nicky's condition is unchanged. A nice guy who everyone in MotoGP seems to like.

In the French GP today Marquez crashed, Rossi took the lead from Vinales three laps from the end, made a mistake on the last lap for Vinales to overtake him, then Rossi crashed trying to get the lead back. Thrilling stuff.

Absolutely fantastic race yesterday in Austria. Marc Marquez and Dovisioso swapping the lead and overtaking each other right down to the last corner.

Full on racing from the first corner to the last. Highlights on Channel 5 tonight at 7pm; if you get a chance please watch it, it's honestly worth it.

A crying shame that the BBC lost the rights to show it. It deserves a bigger audience than it gets on BT sport.

Absolutely fantastic race yesterday in Austria. Marc Marquez and Dovisioso swapping the lead and overtaking each other right down to the last corner.

Full on racing from the first corner to the last. Highlights on Channel 5 tonight at 7pm; if you get a chance please watch it, it's honestly worth it.

A crying shame that the BBC lost the rights to show it. It deserves a bigger audience than it gets on BT sport.

Great race although I am still annoyed Rossi made such a rookie error not coming in for dry tyres sooner at the last race.

Strange tyre option from Cal Crutchlow.He didn't give much away in his interview after the race.He just said he had a problem but wouldn't say what it was.Sam Lowes looks like he might not have a ride for next year unless he gets an offer to ride the marcvds Honda next year.Its a shame because the lad has a lot of talent but clearly cant get on with the Aprilia.He isnt the first to struggle on the Aprilia and wont be the last.Aprilia in the top class have always struggled,i remember Laconi,Mcwilliams and shaky Byrne struggling to get the cube round the circuit.I seem to think McWilliams did the best with a couple of podiums,one being at donington when he finished with the rear tyre shot to pieces.

Another brilliant race from Silverstone, won by Dovizioso. Any of the first four could have won and Vinales in second was only a tenth behind the winner. WD to Cal in fourth, too.

Julian Ryder announced his retirement from commentary today. No great loss, I always found him a bit pompous. However, who replaces him? Hopefully Hodgson or Colin Edwards will get it, someone with some actual knowledge, but anyone but Toseland will be alright by me.