Reporting drivers

You should report dangerous drivers, but with some of the videos posted online you do notice that the camera drivers don't take a defensive driving approach as if they're looking for something to happen on their camera.

Different kettle of fish with cyclists though, they're always on the defensive and yet people still have a go at them.

That's the issue, there is no vrn.

Not an effective camera setup if this detail is missing, it could be any similar type car. Dashcams need to be as high resolution as possible with fast video rates. Go Pros are good cameras but not set up for car use.

Not an effective camera setup if this detail is missing, it could be any similar type car. Dashcams need to be as high resolution as possible with fast video rates. Go Pros are good cameras but not set up for car use.

1. He wasn't in a car, he was on a bike.

2. He was quite far away.

I've got quite a nice little collection of them myself. 11, to be precise.

All of them about the multilane roundabout on the A57 next to the Red Lion at Todwick.

All of them relating how the driver in the leftmost lane, in the direction towards the M1, set off onto the roundabout with cutting straight onto the middle lane instead of following the curve of their own lane (and forcing me, setting off adjacent in the middle lane, to swerve right closest tot he roundabout centre, to avoid a lateral collision).

The idiot woman in the blue Mazda 6 (YR 11 xxx) this morning (08:14) will the subject of the 12th. She had the nerve to mouth off after I beeped to make her aware of her mistake. She ain't been alone in doing that.

/rant at ineffective policing and moronic Darwin Award chasers.

It happens every time I use the damn roundabout! So simple to follow! I also have problems on Derek Dooley Way just as you pass Tesco Express and follow the road round to the right to approach the Parkway!

I find it ironic when someone who supports criminals, drug runners, terrorists, money launderers and some of the scumiest people on this planet criticises a cyclist going through a red light.

(If you don't know Penistone is a known supporter of tobacco smuggling, it's more lucrative than importing drugs and causes untold misery.....but, if he gets his cheap fags then who cares?)

Not forgetting he's an advocate and supporter of criminal fly tippers.

I think you should mind your own business. I see illegal actions on the road daily but don't make a song and dance over them. I certainly wouldn't come on here boasting just because I have a dash cam :roll:

Im curious, at what level of breaking the law do you feel that its worth getting off your backside and helping the police? If you witness a murder maybe? Or is that making a song and dance about it?

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 17:19 ----------

They won't do anything. I used that online reporting tool when some cretin decided that it was OK to drive straight through the red light at the first crossing on Langsett Road (after turning left from Bradfield Road), almost wiping out myself and my 3 young children who had just started to cross having had the green man signal for several seconds.

Just got an automated email saying that the incident had been "logged" - if we'd started crossing a second earlier they'd probably have had a case of quadruple death by dangerous driving on their hands, but hey nobody actually got hurt so we won't even bother checking the CCTV to do anything about the offender.

I was waiting on Weeden St when the lights turned green for me when 2 Brocklebank heavy lorries just blatantly went through the red light giving me the finger when they did so. Reported it and told the police and nothing came of it, even though they could have crushed my car and killed me

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 17:20 ----------

Get a life you lot! Cyclone. Why didn't you do anything at the time. Keyboard warrior. Same goes to the rest of you. Sad people

Hmm, he was a set of lights back, did you expect him to jump the lights, chase the taxi and drag the driver out and march him to the cops? Too much tv cops for you i think :)

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 17:22 ----------

In Canada USA it is usually allowed to make a right turn on a red light as long as you stop and look first before making that turn and there is no sign disallowing it on that junction.

No need to cry about it.

Last I checked we were not covered by North American laws :huh:

---------- Post added 20-04-2017 at 17:33 ----------

A number 56 bus went straight through a red light on park square roundabout tonight as i was going home.Buses seem to do it a lot on park square roundabout.I read in the star that the bus drivers get a bonus for not braking hard measured by a device on the bus.http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/bus-firm-urged-to-scrap-driver-bonus-scheme-after-fatal-crash-in-sheffield-1-8493531

That bonus scheme has apparently been cited as part of the blame for at least 2 deaths in city centre

I was waiting on Weeden St when the lights turned green for me when 2 Brocklebank heavy lorries just blatantly went through the red light giving me the finger when they did so. Reported it and told the police and nothing came of it, even though they could have crushed my car and killed me

Worth mentioning, as in this thread

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11643028&posted=1#post11643028

that the police wouldn't have done anything for Jeremy Vine either, had he not got a video of the incident.

A headcam/dashcam greatly increases the chance of accountability when idiot vehicle drivers put others lives at risk.

And, as illustrated here-

I had a problem with a bus driver a month ago who was driving too closely to me. The traffic was heavy so I caught up with the bus and put my bike on the pavement and took a photo of the driver. When I passed the details to the bus company he was sacked.

Evidence can also be passed on to employers who may well address the issue themselves.

Not forgetting he's an advocate and supporter of criminal fly tippers.

And wasn't there an admission of illicit use of red diesel too?

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11643028&posted=1#post11643028

that the police wouldn't have done anything for Jeremy Vine either, had he not got a video of the incident.

A headcam/dashcam greatly increases the chance of accountability when idiot vehicle drivers put others lives at risk.

And, as illustrated here-

Evidence can also be passed on to employers who may well address the issue themselves.

Correction - the police CAN'T ( not won't) do anything without evidence such as photographic or video footage as evidence

Correction - the police CAN'T ( not won't) do anything without evidence such as photographic or video footage as evidence

Let me correct your 'correction'.

I said-

Firstly, you're in the wrong tense- I said, not "won't", but "wouldn't".

Your second error is in assuming that by "wouldn't" I'm somehow implying the police chose not to do anything.

In reality, "wouldn't" simply means they would not have done anything ("wouldn't" is just a contraction of "would not")

Now if, as you say that police "couldn't" (I've corrected your tense mistake there), have done anything then, clearly, it is also true, as I said, that they "wouldn't" have done anything.

Edited by onewheeldave

I think you should mind your own business. I see illegal actions on the road daily but don't make a song and dance over them. I certainly wouldn't come on here boasting just because I have a dash cam

Im curious, at what level of breaking the law do you feel that its worth getting off your backside and helping the police? If you witness a murder maybe? Or is that making a song and dance about it?

This thread is about reporting drivers! Not murder or any other illegal activity.