Tramlines related aggro?

The proportion of students now in "halls" is much higher than it used to be, there are so many more of them and they come with less hastle and more facilities.

The proportion of students now in "halls" is much higher than it used to be, there are so many more of them and they come with less hastle and more facilities.

Very true, there's a lot more purpose-built accommodation now. Apart from the halls of residence, it was all Rigsby-esque flea-pit terraces in my day. (Lines up the Four Yorkshiremen sketch :))

And a particular mention for "The Hop", profiteering gits. No where else was putting up beer prices (that I went to), but the hop removed the menu's, and put up prices, £4 a pint, you gouging gits.

Thanks for the info. I will now boycott on principle.

Perhaps all the students in my club are out of date... I'm telling you that they've all gone home and were not returning for tramlines. Not 1 single person in the entire club.

There was a social organised to attend, and it was attended by the few local students, the PhD students and the non student members of the club.

I work in student accommodation and lots and lots of my tenants came up just for tramlines. This happens every year and their tenancies are from 1st July so they have access to their properties over summer

I spent the days before tramlines handing out keys to tenants and all said they had come up for tramlines and brought their mates to stay over as well

Cyclone, you say " your club" . Might I ask which club this is?

Tut tut, it should be a 100 ticket only event with the city centre cordoned off for a nice safe event.

The whole point of Tramlines is to help sustain the entertainment industry (a £9m boost) while the university students AREN'T in the city.

They are definitely all back in Hertfordshire at the moment.

Apparently the police reckon there wasn't much aggro:

"Police praise Sheffield for ‘incredible’ Tramlines Festival"

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-praise-sheffield-for-incredible-tramlines-festival-1-8032711

That's really nice.

Police are human beings you know - it's so nice to see everyone enjoying themselves.

Edited by Daven

Just wondering if anyone saw an incident 7.30-8pm on Pinstone St. By the bus stops above the Peace Gardens. A group of 16 year old lads were attacked.

My soon to be step son lost 2 teeth but may lose more. His mum is devastated that her boy has suffered this and may be permanently disfigured.

The police are involved and there are cameras on the town hall but any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Please PM me if you think you may have any information that could help.

Not so much aggro as sheer brass neck:

Brazen thieves steal Sheffield Town Hall brass handrail