Butcher's Arms, Marsh Lane

Drove past the Butcher's Arms and see that there's a notice indicating that it's reopening on July 15th as Country Kitchen. Does anyone know if it's linked to a brewery or independent, or will be a restaurant/bar?

Yes I was wondering the same drove past a few times recently man and boy out side cleaning up etc! Will call in when opened and see what it's all about

Was talking to the new owner last Thursday and the new opening is the 22nd July now, said he didn't want to open when it wasn't completely finished. Seems a nice chap and sounds like will be serving nice food.

---------- Post added 18-07-2016 at 19:37 ----------

In reference to Kitty 77 not sure if it's linked to a brewery or not, be great if it had some real ales:)

Was talking to the new owner last Thursday and the new opening is the 22nd July now, said he didn't want to open when it wasn't completely finished. Seems a nice chap and sounds like will be serving nice food.

---------- Post added 18-07-2016 at 19:37 ----------

In reference to Kitty 77 not sure if it's linked to a brewery or not, be great if it had some real ales:)

Its a pub company (possibly Enterprise Inns?) property that is leased out to a local operator I believe.

Hi as posted earlier the country kitchen is a free house and therefore not connected to any brewery

Heard bad things about the place tonight which is a shame.

It's a rubbish pub in a rubbish area and that's why it can't stay open for long. I look forward to the next instalment of it closing and opening again. No matter what you do to the pub, you can't easily change the clientele.

I went in for a meal on Monday it's a lovely friendly pub. As for your comments on rubbish area, I know someone who just paid £185,000 for a 3 bedroom semi down the road, which suggests it's an affluent area not rubbish. :huh:

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 18:15 ----------

Ps Derby Tup why do you claim it's a rubbish area when you big up the Fox and Hounds that's 100 yards down road. Ha. Fox n Hounds ain't all that mate. Read TripAdvisor. :D

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 18:21 ----------

Educate your palate try The Angel at Spinkhill or The Castle Inn at Bradway.

It's a rubbish pub in a rubbish area and that's why it can't stay open for long. I look forward to the next instalment of it closing and opening again. No matter what you do to the pub, you can't easily change the clientele.

The pub has never been that good BUT it certainly isnt a rubbish area at all. there is nothing wrong with marsh lane at all!!

Well said Fromthe hills, I don't live in Marsh lane simply because I can't afford the property prices. It is a lovely semi rural area.:thumbsup:

wow! not been to the BA for years now.........is there a reason?? Hmmm!