Harry Roberts to be freed

Notorious cop killer Harry Roberts is set to be freed after 45 in prison. He has served 18 years more than his tariff.

The police federation have said that the decision is a slap in the face for the families of the murdered officers.

He is now 78 years old.

For an insight into the activities in more recent years of this charming (not) individual. (SEE HERE)

His five day a week 'job' on day release and his £1800 purchase and use of a second hand Volvo, bullying, violence and intimidation, even at 78 I'm not sure that his release is a good idea.

Notorious cop killer Harry Roberts is set to be freed after 45 in prison. He has served 18 years more than his tariff.

The police federation have said that the decision is a slap in the face for the families of the murdered officers.

He is now 78 years old.

Obviously his crimes are appalling but if he'd killed civilians then he wouldn't have served anything like that. In that context I find the "slap in the face for the families" a bit odd.

Maybe civilian families that see their loved ones killers out after 10 or so years don't mind being slapped in the face?

my dad actually knew Roberts as a kid, although they were not really friends they were both the same age and grew up in the same part of London. So they used to sometimes play football and things on the same or opposing teams, things like that. Roberts' dad was landlord of a local pub which always gives somebody a bit of standing in communities like that. Harry Roberts did not pass his 11 plus. It is kind of ironic the Police Federation are moaning so much about his release after serving so much time in jail for murders which while atrocious, were not premeditated because the army clearly thought enough of Roberts to make him sergeant when he went off to do his National Service which was very unusual.

Edited by blake

On the face of it it seems quite sensible to release a 78 year old after doing 45 years. That said, given the link that belle supplied I think the wider community would be better off with him in jail.

And that is the job of the parole board, to establish if he is safe to be released in to the community.

Reading that article he is quite clearly not.

Weather the police federation are upset or not I would not be happy with a triple murderer with his attitude and outlook being released

For an insight into the activities in more recent years of this charming (not) individual. (SEE HERE)

His five day a week 'job' on day release and his £1800 purchase and use of a second hand Volvo, bullying, violence and intimidation, even at 78 I'm not sure that his release is a good idea.

Yeah, 45 yrs really has humbled him. A book, film and memoir's to put him in celeb status with a nice fat pay cheque.

I've scrapped better from boots while walking in dog ****.

He is now 78 years old.

I wish all murderers got such harsh sentences. Had he killed a few members of the public hed have been out years ago. Coppers arent worth more than the rest of us.

Yeah, 45 yrs really has humbled him. A book, film and memoir's to put him in celeb status with a nice fat pay cheque.

I've scrapped better from boots while walking in dog ****.

Yeah ... not that Pistorious'll be doing the same thing after his five years (possibly ten months). ;)

Yeah ... not that Pistorious'll be doing the same thing after his five years (possibly ten months). ;)

Hell be out in 10 months. No probably about it. In the mean time hes in a cushy hospital wing because of his disability. This would be the same disability that made him rich and famous.

Go figure.

Coppers arent worth more than the rest of us.

Whilst this may be true, the job is such that they are more likely to be in a situation where the perceived deterrent may be more welcome.

What a horrible nasty thug this bloke appears to be.

Best place for him with be back in prison.