Teachers should check kids brush teeth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29712453

Well it would certainly be a start.

'Nurseries and primary schools should supervise tooth-brushing in areas with a high level of child tooth decay, the advisory body said.

Tooth decay in children and adults is disproportionately higher in disadvantaged areas, as well for vulnerable people, and in some ethnic minorities, NICE said.'

Whatever happened to the time when teachers taught? Now they might as well be called nannies/social workers.

What about when someone's little darling has to have a couple of teeth out...will there be a claim for negligence? ....it's all getting too silly for words..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29712453

Well it would certainly be a start.

'Nurseries and primary schools should supervise tooth-brushing in areas with a high level of child tooth decay, the advisory body said.

Tooth decay in children and adults is disproportionately higher in disadvantaged areas, as well for vulnerable people, and in some ethnic minorities, NICE said.'

Perhaps teachers should also check for ear wax and a properly wiped arse too.

This is insane! Teachers are there to teach. Parents should do the parenting!

Perhaps teachers should also check for ear wax and a properly wiped arse too.

This is insane! Teachers are there to teach. Parents should do the parenting!

Unfortunately, not all parents do the parenting.

Some of the states primary children turn up for school in (dirty, obviously tired, smelling of alcohol/fags) breaks the heart.

When I was at Junior school (and maybe an infants, I cant remember) there would be periodic visits, once or twice a year I think, from the nurse (Nitty Nora I believe she was called) who would check everyone's ears, teeth and hair.

Regardless of whether this is still done it is not really the place of teachers to be monitoring children dental health, this is the responsibility of the parents. I feel that by shifting the onus onto teachers for things which should really be the domain of the parents we are exasperating the problem and accelerating ourselves down the slippery slope to (some) parents abrogating all responsibility onto teachers.

jb

I remember seeing one secondary school provide training on using knives and forks because some children ate everything with their hands. Like Charmer said, it was heartbreaking.

Parents should do this and if they don't, fine them. Not a teachers job.

or have the kids taken into car, and then fine the parents.

I don't see the point in doing it if there are no consequences.

or have the kids taken into car, and then fine the parents.

I don't see the point in doing it if there are no consequences.

Just as long as im not doing the driving. The constant 'are we there yet' really gets on my wick!