Do you play your music loud in your car?

Do you play your music loud in your car  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play your music loud in your car

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Never

Evening all :D

As some of you older folk will know....I do love my music :D

And play it LOUD in my car, windows down if it's a warm day :love:

I've noticed over the last 5 years or so, there are fewer and fewer people who appear to express themselves in this way...and I'm finding it somewhat disturbing!

The quieting down of our (especially) summer roads, could be linked with the economic downturn perhaps....people are more withdrawn, brooding, more reserved?

People did end up pretty defeated in the great depression, which is likely where we're headed once the dollar collapses....

So anyhoo...wondered what everyone else felt about this topic?

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

Evening all :D

As some of you older folk will know....I do love my music :D

And play it LOUD in my car, windows down if it's a warm day :love:

I've noticed over the last 5 years or so, there are fewer and fewer people who appear to express themselves in this way...and I'm finding it somewhat disturbing!

The quieting down of our (especially) summer roads, could be linked with the economic downturn perhaps....people are more withdrawn, brooding, more reserved?

People did end up pretty defeated in the great depression, which is likely where we're headed once the dollar collapses....

So anyhoo...wondered what everyone else felt about this topic?

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

I'm assuming you mean "quieter roads" to mean less cars with windows down and music blaring rather than less actual traffic. I can think of a couple of reasons: the ever decreasing standard of radio (in the main) and the increased use of the iPhone-earphones-for-calls-and-music combo. I see quite alot of that, more than I used to.

And "feel defeated after last depression". Really? Not this fella!

I'm assuming you mean "quieter roads" to mean less cars with windows down and music blaring rather than less actual traffic. I can think of a couple of reasons: the ever decreasing standard of radio (in the main) and the increased use of the iPhone-earphones-for-calls-and-music combo. I see quite alot of that, more than I used to.

ahh yes....ear phones!

i need grieve no longer for the loss of emotional freedom!

thanks man :D

No. I am not so selfish nor disturbed as to believe that everyone else wants to listen to my music.

I only play it very loud when I'm drunk. And only then when I'm not in traffic out on the open road

I play loud rock, dangerously loud ..... but only when the wife isn't there to nag me about it. :D

No. I am not so selfish nor disturbed as to believe that everyone else wants to listen to my music.

Exactly! It comforts me to believe that most people do not think that they are the centre of the Universe and refrain from such attention seeking behaviour.

Well it's loud enough for me sometimes, I very rarely have it anything near loud enough that you could hear it at all outside the car.

Unfortunately the ones that do have it loud enough for everyone to hear appear to be hard of hearing, it's usually chart R&B or some other equally vile noise.

I have it loud but never with the windows down, thats incredibly juvenile.

No, not these days. I did at one time and I got caught out I didn't hear an ambulance..................Never again.

ahh yes....ear phones!

i need grieve no longer for the loss of emotional freedom!

thanks man :D

Isn't using earphones in a car actually illegal? If not, it should be, it's much more dangerous than loud music.

---------- Post added 22-10-2014 at 08:41 ----------

Exactly! It comforts me to believe that most people do not think that they are the centre of the Universe and refrain from such attention seeking behaviour.

It comforts me that most people realise that loud music is not a way of seeking attention, it's just a way of enjoying the music.

I have it loud but never with the windows down, thats incredibly juvenile.

That's the same as me.

I tend to like my music quite loud, but I don't like to advertise it.

If I'm stopping and starting at lights in the city centre I tend to turn it down, but when I can put my foot down from Grenoside heading out of the city I tend to up the volume.

Regards

Doom