Diagnose dementia and win a prize!!

A prize of £55 if you are a GP according to a few of Wednesdays papers. Why the need for a kickback? Who is making these decisions and why? I don't get it.

I thought that's what Doctors do. Diagnose illness ? Why do they need a bonus ??

I wonder if it's the pharmaceuticals who possibly stand to gain? I was watching The Revolution Will Be Televised the other night and they were saying that GlaxoSmithKline or whatever they are called had been offering 'treats' to Drs for prescribing inappropriate anti-depressants for children - think that was in the US though.

A prize of £55 if you are a GP according to a few of Wednesdays papers. Why the need for a kickback? Who is making these decisions and why? I don't get it.

I don't think that the money goes to the GP personally, but it goes towards the practice.

Reckon the incidence of dementia cases could unexplainably triple shortly!

Yeah, this is shouting out for abuse, not that I think doctors will mis-diagnose on purpose, but I can see all sorts of potential for this to be abused, what about GPs putting dementia-sufferers on retrospectively because they never put in a formal diagnosis in the past to consider the wishes of the family (not letting the patient know is a valid strategy in some cases).

I reckon it's an Nhs cost saving issue. Most dementia care costs fall on social services, not the Nhs, so the more people they can put a dementia hat on, the less they have to worry about.

I reckon it's an Nhs cost saving issue. Most dementia care costs fall on social services, not the Nhs, so the more people they can put a dementia hat on, the less they have to worry about.

OK, here's another scenario: Patient A looks as though he has a terminal tropical disease and may be dead in 12 hours and the problem will solve itself or should I treat Patients B to Z first, who show signs of dementure, and pocket £1,375 in bonuses?

I'm reporting you lot, i'll make a fortune :)

It's a shame SF doesn't have "Like" or "Dislike" buttons