Governor says there is NO take over of his school

He blamed "media hysteria" for the claims about extremism in schools which has prompted four official investigations.

He said that the school had an intake that was 99% Muslim, but that it had to cater for children of all faiths and backgrounds.

The school's policies on areas such as collective prayer, headscarves and halal meat were "within the legal parameters", he said.

"No child has to wear a headscarf or go to prayer... We don't have a policy of segregating pupils in the classroom," he said.

And Mr Alam denied claims there had been assemblies with speakers sympathetic to Al-Qaeda.

and it all came from one UNVERIFIED letter?

hmmm

The investigations into extremism in Birmingham schools had been sparked by an anonymous and unverified letter claiming that there was a "Trojan Horse" conspiracy by a group wanting to impose a more hardline Muslim agenda on schools in the city.

be interesting to see the ofsted reports of the affected schools next month

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27405357

Edited by melthebell
oops i forgot the link lol

"Tahir Alam from Park View School told BBC Radio 4's Today programme there was no segregation of boys and girls or assemblies supporting Al-Qaeda"

What did you expect him to say?:rolleyes:

"But local MP Khalid Mahmood said schools had changed their practices because of so much scrutiny.

"They realise they are being focused on and significantly changed their attitudes, changing the way they hold assemblies," said Mr Mahmood."

So does Mr Mahmood suffer with Islamaphobia then?:D

What if the reports are right?

Are the investigators Islamaphobes too?

Sticking that word on every Muslim article,is getting quite ridiculous now.

Who to believe, a governor

or

The National Association of Head Teachers said it had found “concerted efforts” to infiltrate at least six schools in Birmingham.

But the union also said that the scandal had “connections” to other large cities.

Public opinion, the government does not want people taking the law into their own hands

Islamophobia, increasingly normal.

Thats because people are becoming more aware of Islamic demands !

"He said that the school had an intake that was 99% Muslim"

Great to see multiculturalism is flourishing.

Great to see multiculturalism is flourishing.

well we all know theres pockets of mainly asian people, sheffield has a few, middlesborough does too

so if the school falls into one of those areas then obviously it is going to be predominently asian / muslim

well we all know theres pockets of mainly asian people, sheffield has a few, middlesborough does too

so if the school falls into one of those areas then obviously it is going to be predominently asian / muslim

Rightly or wrongly, it didn't used to be that way.

Rightly or wrongly, it didn't used to be that way.

So? Was everything better way back when?

I am all for stimulating integration, but pointing out that "it never was like this" isn't helping that dialogue.

So? Was everything better way back when?

I am all for stimulating integration, but pointing out that "it never was like this" isn't helping that dialogue.

Who says i was trying to help ?

It was merely an observation.

Who says i was trying to help ?

It was merely an observation.

im 45 as long as i can remember darnall has been largely asian, although there was a lot of white people in my early days, and less so but still some later on.

pitsmoor as long as i can remember (mid 80s anyway) was always a mix of blacks and asians, with some whites.

then when i moved to woodhouse aged 11 it was almost all white with the exception of a couple of black families i remmeber NO asians (bar the chinese chippy and reserants in the village.

thats my observation