Schools, Food and the Elderly

I have six grandchildren and spend a lot more than an hour a week with them.

They amuse me, I in return amuse them I'm sure.

Sharing wisdom? Well yes they are interested in my stories of time gone by. In return they teach me all the techy stuff in this modern world.

But......no way would I want to sit down to a school dinner with a load of noisy (other peoples) kids.

You are very blessed Allen, that's lovely.

I don't want it to be compulsory,:hihi: but there are people who love kids that aren't as lucky as you. I think it would just be a nice thing to do if you want to, and very good for the kids.

Well I worked in them for years. I can't imagine kids have changed that much since I retired. Have you visited them or are you just going on what you see in the playground?

No the wife works on school meals there, has done for the past 20 odd years, and yes the kids have got worse from year to year, no discipline from the parents no discipline in class = the same at dinner time. If the dinner ladies raise their voice to the children to quiet them down its the dinner ladies that get a rousting off the head teacher.

Edited by therascal