Paypal attaching a credit card

has anyone attached a credit card to paypal ? to make payments ? is it classed as a cash advance or a normal purchase (like from a shop) thanks

It's classed as a normal purchase.

I can confirm that credit card transactions are the same as regular purchases. I have my cashback credit card attached to my Paypal account and use it for every possible transaction (to earn extra cashback). Because I pay off my bill every month I never pay interest, and I've never paid a cash advance fee either.

I don't know if you can use Paypal to buy foreign currency or do online gambling or stuff like that, but these are oddities that DO count as cash advances for credit cards.

It's a good way of avoiding credit card charges on expensive purchases. I've bought flights with Monarch and paid with paypal using an attached credit card.

Does paying with a credit card through Paypal affect the credit card guarantee in any way?

jb

No, you get the same cover as a regular purchase.

Does paying with a credit card through Paypal affect the credit card guarantee in any way?

jb

What is a credit card guarantee in the context of paypal? Are you asking about the consumer credit act of a purchase made above £100 or referring to this>

http://www.ehow.com/info_8237533_guaranteed-credit-card-mean.html

Kingdom, you can also attach a debit card to paypal. Just ensure you keep enough funds in your current account to cover any purchases.

Edited by Janus

You don't get the same protection as when using a credit card directly. Eg if the supplier goes bust or goods are faulty you can hold MasterCard/Visa jointly responsible and get your money back. This is partly due to the fact that the credit card companies have vetted the retailer before they become an agent.

Anyone can receive PayPal payments and so the above doesn't apply although there is some recourse and eBay does offer some protection over and above what PayPal does

You don't get the same protection as when using a credit card directly. Eg if the supplier goes bust or goods are faulty you can hold MasterCard/Visa jointly responsible and get your money back. This is partly due to the fact that the credit card companies have vetted the retailer before they become an agent.

Anyone can receive PayPal payments and so the above doesn't apply although there is some recourse and eBay does offer some protection over and above what PayPal does

PayPal also now offers much better buyer protection for ANY purchase done through PayPal.. (eBay own PayPal, these changes came in not long after ebay bought them)