The NHS Sell Off

And whilst we are at it, we should have a national food service. Why should the production and supply of this basic huuuuuuman right be in the hands of wicked companies like Aldi lidl sainsbury's tesco etc?

And mobile phones. They should be nationalised too

If fact why don't we bring all the means of production into public ownership. I'm sure I've heard that before somewhere.

In fact everything could be run by government I'm sure they've never tried that before. It has to work. Can't see it failing.

Because Britain cannot feed itself and hasn't be able to for centuries nor do we seasonally eat in this country

And whilst we are at it, we should have a national food service. Why should the production and supply of this basic huuuuuuman right be in the hands of wicked companies like Aldi lidl sainsbury's tesco etc?

And mobile phones. They should be nationalised too

If fact why don't we bring all the means of production into public ownership. I'm sure I've heard that before somewhere.

In fact everything could be run by government I'm sure they've never tried that before. It has to work. Can't see it failing.

I think you've posted on the wrong thread. This is about the privatisation of a national treasure, not the nationalisation of private industry. Although that said, it might be a way of ensuring that we get a fair amount of tax out of these 'wicked companies' as you rightly call some of them.

I think you've posted on the wrong thread. This is about the privatisation of a national treasure, not the nationalisation of private industry. Although that said, it might be a way of ensuring that we get a fair amount of tax out of these 'wicked companies' as you rightly call some of them.

My question in effect was why do we have a nationalised health service? We hardly have anything else still nationalised.

Most things work more efficiently in private hands. I realise this is not a popular view in Sheffield, but it is pretty much accepted everywhere else in England.

My question in effect was why do we have a nationalised health service? We hardly have anything else still nationalised.

Most things work more efficiently in private hands. I realise this is not a popular view in Sheffield, but it is pretty much accepted everywhere else in England.

No it's not! Stop making statistics up. The majority of people in England still want to see the NHS as a nationalised cooperation.

No it's not! Stop making statistics up. The majority of people in England still want to see the NHS as a nationalised cooperation.

My apologies - I'll be more clear. I didn't mean or say that most people want it (the NHS) in private hands (although it would be a more effective service and cost less).

*New Paragraph*

What I said and meant was that most things work more efficiently in private hands. I realise this is not a popular view in Sheffield, but it is pretty much accepted everywhere else in England.

My apologies - I'll be more clear. I didn't mean or say that most people want it (the NHS) in private hands (although it would be a more effective service and cost less).

*New Paragraph*

What I said and meant was that most things work more efficiently in private hands. I realise this is not a popular view in Sheffield, but it is pretty much accepted everywhere else in England.

I'm no fan of big government and state know's best, I'm anti-statism (see my other thread) and the general consensus may well be that public services are better-run in private hands, however it's a myth, evidence suggests they don't.

http://www.neweconomics.org/blog/entry/mythbusters-the-private-sector-is-more-efficient-than-the-public-sector

I'm no fan of big government and state know's best, I'm anti-statism (see my other thread) and the general consensus may well be that public services are better-run in private hands, however it's a myth, evidence suggests they don't.

http://www.neweconomics.org/blog/entry/mythbusters-the-private-sector-is-more-efficient-than-the-public-sector

It doesn't seem likely to me. It certainly isn't my experience of public vs private sector.

To be fair Brown sold off the family gold to prop-up investment banks that otherwise would have collapsed.