Women, Netto and carrier bags.

that takes me back to schooldays.

N-E-T-T-O that is where the scrubbers go NETTO!! :hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:.................

A lot of assumptions being made on this thread. Live and let live. Who cares...... whats it harming anyone? Reusing plastic bags is a good thing. Maybe your a little envious that you don't have your own stack of Sainsburys bags! Are you saying that to shop in Netto you have to look down trodden and hard up? If so, you have put yourself in a very small minded box!!!

Merry Christmas from a Waitrose customer who shops in Lidl.

A lot of assumptions being made on this thread. Live and let live. Who cares...... whats it harming anyone? Reusing plastic bags is a good thing. Maybe your a little envious that you don't have your own stack of Sainsburys bags! Are you saying that to shop in Netto you have to look down trodden and hard up? If so, you have put yourself in a very small minded box!!!

Merry Christmas from a Waitrose customer who shops in Lidl.

Well said! - and maybe she can afford the 4 x 4 and the posh hairdo - BECAUSE she shops at Netto!:hihi:

might be a snob think, the woman with the sainsbury bags and the 4x4 dont want her posh neighbours to know she actually shops at netto

lol yes, she's clearly ashamed.

If it was merely a price of carrier bags consideration you would see women shopping at Sainsburys with Netto carrier bags. I have never seen this!

Ha! You obviously don't patronise the same Sainsbury's as me then. I've usually got my big Netto bag with me, it holds far more than most other bags for life.

We have a mate who, when going away for weekends on his motorcycle, packs all his clothes into his panniers (inside Netto carrier bags), then when he arrives at his destination hotel, he opens his panniers and gets out his Netto bags and checks into the hotel. Now THAT is class for you!

I don't think the Netto/Aldi snobbery thing exists now...we all know that they sell quality and crap in the same way as Sainsburys sell quality and crap.

The Brits are good at finding a bargain and they'll find it anywhere they see fit, regardless of the 4x4 or Saxo.

Why just women?

I can often be seen leaving Lidl with a tesco hessian bag, and a Sainsburys "Bag For Life"

I have one of the 49p Lidl carriers and it won't last all that long, so rather than buy more bags, I take the ones I already have. The Tesco one will last an age, one of the Sainsbury ones is wearing out. I'll go buy a few things from Sainsburys soon and claim my free replacement, then carry on using it at Lidl.

If Lidl did a bag like the "Bag for Life" then I'd buy it no matter what it says on it. But they don't.

The Lidl one seems to be a kind of foil so if I ever need something with a little more insulating properties, then I'll use that.

I still have some NETTO bags, they were the best carrier bags out there. And they were perfect for carrying high value goods through the dodgy estates of Sheffield.

Walking through Page Hall with a laptop?

Got to carry a load of pound coins to the bank at Manor Top?

Use the 100% secure NETTO carrier bag, 100% theft resistant.

I sometimes bust one of my old bags out and carry it with pride, and they are still strong, last longer than any of the 'carrier bag for life' bags I have bought that disintegrate within a few months.

Well you'll be able to get some more now Netto are back on the scene.

Why did you bump a 5 year old thread tho??

its a good idea, it encourages them to use those bag-for-life thingys

I'm not sure it does.

If supermarkets are that worried about the environment, why don't they give us free biodegradable free carriers like they’ve been doing in America for years? Is it because they'd lose out on a money spinner? Aren’t carriers covered by the cost of buying food anyway? I see sending endless convoys of trucks up and down the country doesn’t worry supermarkets over the state of the environment too much.