Help with care assistant interview

Hi Im going for a job interview for a care assistant post and was wondering if anyone had recently gone for a similar role and if they had any idea of what questions they might ask and how difficult the interview was. Thanks

Hi Im going for a job interview for a care assistant post and was wondering if anyone had recently gone for a similar role and if they had any idea of what questions they might ask and how difficult the interview was. Thanks[/QUOT

Wouldn't they give you a questionnaire form with the written test attached for you to fill out before giving you an interview ?

Havent been sent anything just a phone call to invite me to an interview, maybe they will ask me to fill out this form when I get there. Its just Ive been looking at examples of interview questions online but they all seem to be aimed at more professional jobs and arent relevent to care work. I just really wanted to know how tough the questions maybe and if anyone had recently had a care home interview.

If application requires a photo, your avatar isn't stereotypical of a carer. Would go down the shirt and tie road.

On a positive note, hope goes well for you.

Hi Im going for a job interview for a care assistant post and was wondering if anyone had recently gone for a similar role and if they had any idea of what questions they might ask and how difficult the interview was. Thanks[/QUOT

Wouldn't they give you a questionnaire form with the written test attached for you to fill out before giving you an interview ?

Don't think OP mentioned written test, just seeking advice. The best thing is to pop down to jobcentre and ask if there is a local jobclub who can help

I’m presuming it's a private care home or company, you’re not going to be given a written aptitude test, your questions are going to be around you & why you want to work in the care industry or for this particular company, for example; Tell me about yourself, what if any type of care have you done before, what in your opinion do you believe are important aspects of care & interests you about the job.

They may (more than likely) give you a scenario, example; your working with a colleague who you believe to be rough or abrupt with a resident how would you handle the situation, or a resident is acting abnormally appears distressed, on talking to this resident you notice that their speech is slurred, again what action would you take. The scenario questions will depend very much on your experience, what they will be looking for is person who is passionate about the role, caring, emphatic & safe. Good luck.:D

your working with a colleague who you believe to be rough or abrupt with a resident how would you handle the situation

I'd pass him something harder to hit him with. A stick, maybe.

or a resident is acting abnormally appears distressed, on talking to this resident you notice that their speech is slurred, again what action would you take.

I'd mock him and call him "Mr Dribble".

That is how I found work with Southern Cross.

They should ask you about Health and Safety maybe give you a scenario, ask for your understanding of personalisation (putting the person first). They may ask you what you know about safeguarding and dignity in care.

Concentrate on your good points and what qualities you have and basically sell yourself

I'd pass him something harder to hit him with. A stick, maybe.

I'd mock him and call him "Mr Dribble".

That is how I found work with Southern Cross.

Now that doesn’t surprise me one bit knowing Southern Cross:hihi::hihi:

QUOTE]

This is not the Chris I think it is? admin??

I’m presuming it's a private care home or company, you’re not going to be given a written aptitude test, your questions are going to be around you & why you want to work in the care industry or for this particular company, for example; Tell me about yourself, what if any type of care have you done before, what in your opinion do you believe are important aspects of care & interests you about the job.

They may (more than likely) give you a scenario, example; your working with a colleague who you believe to be rough or abrupt with a resident how would you handle the situation, or a resident is acting abnormally appears distressed, on talking to this resident you notice that their speech is slurred, again what action would you take. The scenario questions will depend very much on your experience, what they will be looking for is person who is passionate about the role, caring, emphatic & safe. Good luck.:D

Excellent response with very sensible advice. You could always check out the place you're going to on internet so that if they ask if you know about them you will be able to answer yes and above all - be yourself - good luck:D

Don't think OP mentioned written test, just seeking advice. The best thing is to pop down to jobcentre and ask if there is a local jobclub who can help

OP didn't mention it, I did because where I work a care worker has to take a written test with the application, then he/she gets a call back for an interview.