Cow on West Street.

It's nothing to do with country and western - it's already got the vintage clothes in it so I would go with that option!! :hihi:

Yeah see local company marserellas no longer in meadowhall the site down by Argos going to be another Costa jow many do they want still we have 3 Game shops 2 Orange shops just how much more duplication can you get in one shopping area ?

Big building on West Street used to be a furniture shop workmen in there now extertior painted yellow sign gone up today just says Cow anyone any ideas bar or restraunt ?

I thought you meant there was a real cow on West Street :blush: saying that you do see plenty of cow's on West Street on a Friday night & the weekend :o;)

I went in today and the stuff is ace! Reasonably priced too with plenty of bargains to be had. I got a pea coat in there today for £28, I look proper dapper in it! :thumbsup:

Quite how a company that has only two stores can be deemed a chain is beyond me. It's hardly in the same category as Starbucks! I'm pretty sure this is an independently run business.

Freshmans up until only very recently had two stores in one city. Surely it's a case of customer CHOICE. The more the merrier.

It's saddening to here that people like SarahPR can't bear the fact that cow is offering affordable vintage clothing, sold by cool and friendly staff.

How independents that charge exorbitant prices for second hand clothing can be deemed reputable is laughable.

This shop is clearly introducing vintage to a whole new market and for that I commend them.

Considering i'm a student and pretty hard up it is great that there is now an affordable vintage shop that doesn't seem intent on ripping me off!

PS. The shop looks bloody fantastic!

I went in today and the stuff is ace! Reasonably priced too with plenty of bargains to be had. I got a pea coat in there today for £28, I look proper dapper in it! :thumbsup:

Pea coat?????

I usually boil mine in water and coat them in butter....is that what you mean?

Pea coat......clothing for little vegetables - now there's a thought :hihi:

Why did u buy something from a "Chain vintage shop" then if you are so worried about protecting local businesses?!

I popped in to COW and spoke to one of the staff who told me the owners were from Yorkshire!

Really sad that some people are bitter at others success. If other Vintage shops can't be bothered to source affordable product then that's up to them.

how fab!! just been in today and was amazed...the staff were lovely and informed me they used to be on division street but have moved there and are doing really good. Iv never really been into vintage clothes but i bought things and i have to say how much better made the clothes/boots are than these days. ill defo be going back and taking friends with me. what a shame there are people out there who dnt want others to make money and like to see people wearing there items. good on ya cow!!!

I've found COW an excellent shop; I don't think it will harm any other vintage clothing shops in the slightest, as the market for cheap vintage clothing is booming, thanks to the economic situation.

I've gotta give COW (formerly 'Vintage' on Division Street) Top Marks for their awesome range of lycra leggings; I love wearing bright leggings with my drag outfits!

Went in to COW again at the weekend, personally not overly impressed.

Being a large store service seemed a bit to impersonal for me, and for every nice item there seemed to be another 5 pieces of tat on the over filled rails.

Still prefer the more selective and customer service orientated shops such as Bang Bang Vintage and Freshmans.

Having said that good to have another vintage shop in Sheffield, all good news for the vintage buyers out there.

Aw thank you icehockeyjoe, we do try!

Cow has only affected our trade in making us busier! :) we've had record sales the past 2 weekends at the shop because there are so many people in the area now!

It has turned West St/Division street into a vintage shopping area and is bringing a lot more vintage shoppers into the area and i hope it carries on. We've even had out of towners come in saying how great the vintage shopping has become in Sheff which is great news because it's something we've been seriously lacking for a while.

Cow, Freshmans and us (Bang Bang Vintage) are different shops providing different shopping experiences i think and you can't get the same piece in all three shops so if someone sees something they like they'll buy it regardless of where it comes from!

I can understand some points raised, being a small new business we can't source our stock as cheaply so our prices can't go as low as Cows and Freshmans, but we do hand pick everything (which is slightly more costly again) to make sure we only have what we consider to be nice vintage pieces.

If we started trying to match their low prices you'd soon find our shop was filled with cheap tat and not the nice vintage we keep picking because we wouldn't be able to afford to buy the best we can get. I think people that know their vintage realise this. We're not sourcing our stuff as cheap as the others and then sticking a larger price tag on it than them

Anyway, more shops in Sheffield are a good thing, other cities have loads of shops and all ours are stuck in meadowhell, the centre needs stuff like this

Louise x