British Gas 'HIVE' Boiler Control System

Has anyone had this system installed which is controlled via program on laptop/mobile phone? Wonder if anyone else has had/is having problems. We had it installed in January but now, even though we have set the heating to 'Off' the radiators are belching out heat.

We regularly fit Nest for several clients much better product in my opinion you would be looking at £160plus vat for the nest and £75 fitting

We are NEST approved installers.

Hi Have you tried calling the geek squad number left in your pack?

They will be able to check everything is connected properly.

Have you checked to make sure the off temperatures are set low enough, if there set high then the heating will be on until it reaches the set temp.

I've fitted numerous and the only problems I've had are when the electricians don't originally set them up correctly. And usually one call to the geek squad and a little reset then it's been good to go.

Chris

Nowt but problems with mine got fed up with it just use it as a thermostat now.

Thanks all, yes phoned B.Gas and they are coming this week when we are in. Have had to turn all radiators off in the meantime. OH has checked up and it seems the system is not compatible with our boiler despite the fitter saying there was no problem, so £100 quid down the drain I think as we will have it taken out.

What type off system have you got ? All combi boilers will work with a single channel timer and all y plans and s plans with a dual timer.

If you have pumped heating/gravity hot water I would recommend having it brought upto date as this system is very inefficient.

Did you have a wall mounted thermostat before the hive? If so it may have nothing todo with the hive at all and one off the valves is stuck.

Chris