Homebuyers Report or full building survey? What cost?

Does anyone know of any companies that do reasonable homebuyers surveys?

Try looking on the RICs website. That should be able to tell you of any chartered surveyors working in Sheffield. Alternatively, have a look at the back page of the Property Guide!

Martin Saunders at Hale Saunders, is fantastic! I would use him again if I needed to. Answered all of my questions and was the cheapest around by far. Can I suggest however if you're having your valuation done with your homebuyer's report then make sure that your surveyor is on your mortgage provider's panel or you may end up paying up again for a valuation- a sneaky way that building societies make more money. crap but true.

anyone know any? I want a basic report and not the full one. basic i think are from £200+upwards and full ones about £400.

any ppl recommend anyone they have used before?

thanks

Simon Wortley at Allied Surveyors on Norfolk Row 0114 276 0170. Competitve prices too. Had one done by a certain estate agent/surveyor, and I could have written more detail myself, but Mr Wortley was very good.

Would you beleive it the one i intended to use said he would do it, didnt and now doesnt return my calls. talk about being messed about. i have just rang the above but would still appreciate any more good reliable people?

thanks

Me and my boyfriend are buying our first house.

The estate agent that is selling the house asked me if we had heard of the 'homebuyers scheme', we didnt. she said it was something the government had just come up with and it was that the government 'loan' you half of the mortgage, and you have half the mortgage i.e. £100,000 mortgage, you have a mortgage of £50,000 and the government 'loan' you £50,000. she told me this would be soo much cheaper than having the full mortgage and is out there to help first time buyers.

I had vaguely heard of something for FTBuyers but never looked into it, i have tried looking on the internet but not having much luck!

Does anyone know anything about this scheme? is there any catches to it, is it any good?

Any help on it appreciated :)

Me and my boyfriend are buying our first house.

The estate agent that is selling the house asked me if we had heard of the 'homebuyers scheme', we didnt. she said it was something the government had just come up with and it was that the government 'loan' you half of the mortgage, and you have half the mortgage i.e. £100,000 mortgage, you have a mortgage of £50,000 and the government 'loan' you £50,000. she told me this would be soo much cheaper than having the full mortgage and is out there to help first time buyers.

I had vaguely heard of something for FTBuyers but never looked into it, i have tried looking on the internet but not having much luck!

Does anyone know anything about this scheme? is there any catches to it, is it any good?

Any help on it appreciated :)

Estate agents will tell you alot of things to get you to buy at any cost, and I think you are wise to look VERY closely into the small print.

If it seems too good to be true, it always is.

Goodluck with your househunting.

look at my4walls they are the agents that deal with sheffield. I have tried but there is nore more money in the pot unless your buying one of their new builds.

look at my4walls they are the agents that deal with sheffield. I have tried but there is nore more money in the pot unless your buying one of their new builds.

There are ways to make these schemes work, but unfortunately, the idiots in charge have no clue how to do it.

Derbyshire building society have stopped giving mortgages to any new build flats, no matter how much deposit you have or how rich you are.

That tells us things are pretty bad.