Lillymans factory

Did anyone have any history or work at Lillymans factory at neepsend ?where surgical instruments and hip joints were made?

i worked there in 1960 in the blanking shop cutting out scissors there was a friend worked there at the same time joyce hyde

i worked there in 1960 in the blanking shop cutting out scissors there was a friend worked there at the same time joyce hyde

Hi Shem ...i worked there briefly much later than you ! did the Fisher father and son work there then ? and was there some arabs too ? Who was in charge then? sorry for all the questions.

I remember a T.G. Lilleyman. He could have worked for this firm.

A load of my old mates worked there,Old Bill Gordon,his sons,Robert,Derek and Frank,and last ,but not least,David Bower.

I remember a T.G. Lilleyman. He could have worked for this firm.

Yes Mr T.J. Lillyman was the founder of this company.

Yes Mr T.J. Lillyman was the founder of this company.

T.J. - That'll do. He was a customer of the Bank I worked at in 1960.

Thomas George Lilleyman 1852-1920 born in Sheffield. He married Hannah Hurt 1854-1916 born in Sheffield, Thomas was 19 Hannah was 17. They had four children - Harry, Lydia, Thomas George, Hannah and Ernest.

In the 1871 census his occupation was Bone Cutter his wife Hannah's occupation was Warehousewoman.

In the 1881 census Thomas's occupation was - Manufr of Scissors. Employing 5 men and 2 women.

Lilleyman, Thomas G (, manufacturer of scissors & tinman's snips). Residing at 12 Edward Street h.630 Penistone Road, Sheffield in 1905. Recorded in: White's Directory of Sheffield & Rotherham.

LILLEYMAN, Ernest (~, Scissors Manufacturer (T.G.Lilleyman)). Residing at h. 46 Hoyland Road, ~ in 1925. Recorded in: Sheffield & Rotherham Kelly’s Directory.

Thomas's wife Hannah is my 3rd cousin 4 times removed in my family tree.

Edited by pom1
Got information mixed up

My mum worked there in the 1970s her name Doris Mcmanaman

Did anyone have any history or work at Lillymans factory at neepsend ?where surgical instruments and hip joints were made?

My dad worked for T G Lilleyman & Son from the mid 1940s until he retired in about 1975. He was a press toolmaker and worked on the blanks for surgical forceps and scissors. Mr Ernest Lilleyman, a real gentleman, was the MD at that time (he lived at The Dutch House at Sandygate). Dad sometimes took me into the firm when I was very small. Other people who worked there were Mr Gervase/Jervis; Bill Fisher, Denis Burrell. At the time of my dad's death in 1991, the MD was Mr Ernest Lilleyman's son-in-law, Mr Stewart McK. Hamilton. Somewhere I have a snap of the workers after a presentation of fishing match prizes.

My dad worked for T G Lilleyman & Son from the mid 1940s until he retired in about 1975. He was a press toolmaker and worked on the blanks for surgical forceps and scissors. Mr Ernest Lilleyman, a real gentleman, was the MD at that time (he lived at The Dutch House at Sandygate). Dad sometimes took me into the firm when I was very small. Other people who worked there were Mr Gervase/Jervis; Bill Fisher, Denis Burrell. At the time of my dad's death in 1991, the MD was Mr Ernest Lilleyman's son-in-law, Mr Stewart McK. Hamilton. Somewhere I have a snap of the workers after a presentation of fishing match prizes.

Hi I used to clean for Stewart Hamilton when he and his wife Susan lived at Swinglea Grange, at Hollow Meadows. They moved to Misterton in Somerset in 2006. Sadly Susans mother Mrs Lilleyman died last year. Penny.

Hi I used to clean for Stewart Hamilton when he and his wife Susan lived at Swinglea Grange, at Hollow Meadows. They moved to Misterton in Somerset in 2006. Sadly Susans mother Mrs Lilleyman died last year. Penny.

Hi Penny

My late wife worked for Susan Hamilton at Maddock and Hamilton Chemist when it was just down the road from the current pharmacy at Oakbrook Road ...and she also had a hat shop on ecclsall road called Head High where my wife also wored part time .I remember Mrs Lilleyman and even took her out shopping once ..lovely lady.

We went to a staff party at Swinlgea when Stuart was High Sherriff of Sheffield we had cocktails there before going on to Hassop Hall for dinner ! very nice .I worked at the factory for a short while ..it was very antiquated ..and then they sold the Business .

John

Edited by suprisestorm